Friday 27 October 2023

Modern Garden Walk Christmas Card. Sunday Stamps Challenge SSC320

 Good Morning Everyone.

Today I'm taking part in the current Sunday Stamps Weekly Challenge. It's the first time I've joined in with this challenge and I loved it! We were given a very simple sketch layout to work with which has so many possibilities.

I have just had the Garden Walk Suite delivered so I thought this was the perfect time to use this and create my first Christmas Card of the Year. I am usually way more organised, creating a couple throughout the year - but my best laid plans for that have gone to pot this year - so I really need to get on with it.

This Pattern from the Garden Walk DSP has Pretty Poinsettias which meant it was ideal and The Scalloped Contour Dies helped me easily create my layer details.









Measurements

Pretty Peacock Card Stock

1pc - 8 1/4" x 5 7/8", scored at 4 1/8"

Real Red Card Stock

1pc - 5" x 3 1/2" approx

Garden Walk DSP

1pc - 5 3/4" x 5"

fussy cut flower

Basic White Card Stock

1pc - 5 5/8" x 3 7/8"

scrap

---------------------------------------

Take the Pretty Peacock card stock and fold along the score line to create your card base, adding the Basic White to the inside.

Bring in your Stampin Cut & Emboss Machine - Lay the DSP onto the cutting plate and add the second largest Scalloped Contour Die into the centre. Make sure that it's as even as you can get it then cut.

Next, take the die piece from the centre and trim off the scallop edge to create a straight rectangle - use the stitched lines as a guide. I cut the stitched line off, so that you can see that element on the card below.

I



Also cut one of these shapes from a piece of Real Red.

Adhere the smaller cut piece of DSP to the Real Red die cut.

Now, add the largest piece of DSP to the card front, making sure to get even borders all the way round, and that it is glued down well.

Then, add to Real Red panel. This should fit perfectly into the negative space you created. I made sure that I stuck this down with the DSP the same way round as it was to start with - the pattern then continues through.

On a scrap of Basic White card stock stamp the sentiment from Modern Garden Stamp Set in Pretty Peacock. Cut out using the Modern Love Punch and then trim off the top and bottom to give some straight edges.

Adhere this to the top right of the card front, and pop a fussy cut flower on with a dimensional.

I hope you have enjoyed my card today, please head over to check out Sunday Stamps Weekly Challenge Blog for more inspiration created around this sketch.


Here's a list of supplies I used in today's project, click on the images to head over to my online store Product List

 




If you are on Facebook, why not pop over and check out our community group Craft & Banter. If you have a passion for paper craft, are brilliant at baking or a super talented seamstress then we would love to see you there. We share all types of crafting, run challenges and giveaways & generally have a right good natter.

See you soon 

Vickie 

Xxx


3 comments:

  1. That Garden Walk paper is so pretty...perfect holiday gathering of flowers!! Thanks for joining the fun and playing along with our "Frame It" sketch challenge. Your holiday card is just perfect for showcasing our sketch.
    Deb Horst, DT #SSC320

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! Love that paper, great way to create the frame! Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps, hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful, Vickie - this is the sheet that makes me want this DSP! So festive and fun, and a perfect way to show it off! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete

The Project Share Project - 9th May 2024

  Good Morning Everyone, Happy Thursday and welcome to The Project Share Project.  Every Thursday we will all share an individual blog post ...