Tuesday 10 October 2023

Curved Occasions Car Congratulations Card for Passing a Driving Test

  Good Evening Everyone,

Today I'm sharing a card that I made for a friend.

Her Son had passed his Driving Test and wanted to give him a Congratulations Card. 

I, of course, accepted the request before really thinking about what I could do. Then upon looking at my stamp stash I was a little stumped as to how I could pull this off.

I came across the Curved Occasions stamp set and Bingo, the car image was perfect!

What do you think?

Measurements

Basic Black Card Stock

1pc - 5 7/8" x 8 1/4", scored at 4 1/8"

1pc - 1" x 5 5/8"

Basic White Card Stock

2pc - 5 5/8" x 3 7/8"

Scraps

------------------------------------------

Take the Basic Black card stock and fold along the score line to create your card base. Add one of the Basic White pieces to the inside.

On the remaining piece of Basic White stamp the card image all across the card in memento ink. Once the ink is dry colour in the cars with your Stampin' Blends.

Stamp a car on a scrap piece of basic white, colour in and fussy cut out. I picked Daffodil Delight as that car sat where I wanted to add the cut out.

Run the 1" piece of Basic Black along the stamped panel, paying attention to where you will be adding your car and making sure the car would sit nicely over it. 

Add this panel to the card front.

Position your car over the same colour car on the card front with dimensionals.

Stamp the sentiment from Charming Sentiments in memento ink and then cut out using the coordinating die and your Mini Cut & Emboss Machine, Add this to the right of the raised car in the centre of the Basic Black strip.

I hope you have enjoyed my card today! I really enjoyed making it for a friend! Being asked for a 'You've Passed' card really made me think hard about what to create, and not one to be defeated, She was over the moon with the final results.

Here's a list of supplies I used in today's project, click on the images to head over to my online store Product List

 




If you are on Facebook, why not pop over and check out our community group Craft & Banter. If you have a passion for paper craft, are brilliant at baking or a super talented seamstress then we would love to see you there. We share all types of crafting, run challenges and giveaways & generally have a right good natter.

See you soon 

Vickie 

Xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Little Things Clean & Simple Celebrate Card. Touches of Ink May 2024 Blog Hop

  Good Evening Everyone, Today i'm blog hopping with the fabulous Touches of Ink ladies. I've decided to showcase a super quick card...