Saturday 14 October 2023

Color & Contour Here For You Greeting Card using the 'Pad Dab' Technique

 Good Morning Everyone,

Happy Saturday!

Today I'm sharing a card I have made using the 'Pad Dab' technique. Well, I'm sure it's been done before and has a fancier name, but i'm sticking with Pad Dab as that is literally what you do. Take your ink pad directly to your card and create a background.

I have used Orchid Oasis, Lost Lagoon and Berry Burst as my colours, but as you over lap some of the colours, you get different colours too, so it's a really nice variation and this will work with lots of different colours - which I'm definitely going to have a play around with.

But, for now let me tell you how I created this card...



Measurements

Basic Black Card Stock

1pc - 4 1/8" x 11 3/4"

scraps

Basic White Card Stock

2pc - 5 5/8" x 3 7/8"

----------------------------------------------------

Fold the Basic Black Card Stock along the score line to create your card base. Add one of the Basic White pieces to the inside.

Open up your ink pads and then holding then upside down gently apply the ink directly to the remaining piece of Basic White card stock. I alternated the pads and made sure i angled then and overlapped the colours. You only need a light touch for this. Once the full piece of card stock is covered you will need to leave it to dry for a while, There's lots of ink on this paper, so I left mine for a few hours to just make sure if was fully dried.

Gather some scraps of Basic Black card stock and using Versamark ink stamp the sentiments and the flower image. Cover these with white embossing powder and set using your heat tool.

I just trimmed down the sentiments so the had a nice even straight border, but I  used the coordinating die to cut out the flower.

Bring back your background once fully dry and add to the card front.

Then adhere the sentiments, top and bottom, adding the flower to the centre afterwards. I found it better to add the sentiments first, that was you could get a more balanced and even layout.

I absolutely loved playing around with this technique, it's just another way to make unique backgrounds from very basic supplies. I can't wait to try this out with other colour combinations.

Here's a list of supplies I used in today's project, click on the images to head over to my online store Product List

 




If you are on Facebook, why not pop over and check out our community group Craft & Banter. If you have a passion for paper craft, are brilliant at baking or a super talented seamstress then we would love to see you there. We share all types of crafting, run challenges and giveaways & generally have a right good natter.

See you soon 

Vickie 

Xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Project Share Project - 9th May 2024

  Good Morning Everyone, Happy Thursday and welcome to The Project Share Project.  Every Thursday we will all share an individual blog post ...