Sunday 9 August 2020

Peony Garden Gift Bag with Belly Band Closure. Share it on a Sunday

 Good Morning Everyone,


Happy Sunday. That's right, it's Sunday so that means - Donna, Karen and myself have another Share it on a Sunday for you!! This week the theme is to all use the same DSP, and we chose the Peony Garden DSP which is a lovely pretty and soft DSP, which only has three colours in it - so this may have been more off a challenge than first thought!

We thought this would be a great way to show you the versatility of the DSP, by showcasing three completely different projects using the same paper pack.



I decided to create a gift bag, it's very simple but I think it's rather stunning. I purposely left off a sentiment as I didn't think it needed one. Also, I have worked out my measurements for this so you could use international A4 cardstock if you wanted. The final dimensions are 5" x 4 1/1/2" x 1 1/4", so its a great size to fit all sorts of goodies in.


Measurement 

Peony Garden DSP

1pc - 11 3/4" x 6 1/4"

1pc - 3/4" x 11 3/4"

1pc - scrap for the circle

Take the largest piece of DSP and score as follows:-

Long side - 1 1/4", 5 3/4", 7" & 11 3/4"

Part score on the long side down to approx. 4" at 5/8" and 6 3/8"

Short side - 5"

Fold and burnish all the full score lines, ignore the part score lines - these will make sense later on. Cut  up the score lines at the bottom, cut straight up the rectangle and notch into the squares to make a tab. Remove the thin rectangle on the lower right hand side and notch into the thin tab and the top and bottom - so you DSP will look like this.





Now add tear and tape to the thin tab on the right hand side, fold it round and adhere to the opposite side of the DSP. Now at the bottom, fold in the sides and back, add adhesive to the front section and stick down to create you base.  Pinch in the top, and those part score lines will help create a nice crease to close.

Wrap the 3/4" strip around the top, making sure it is not too tight to that you wont be able to get it off. stick the band together with some liquid glue, then trim off the excess,

Take a scrap of DSP and cut a circle using the Stitched Shapes Dies and your die cutting machine. Colour in one flower and a couple of leaves, to make it stand out. Then take this circle and glue onto the belly band - covering the joining in the DSP - making sure not to get glue everywhere - this may stick it to the bag and you will not be able to remove it.

Be sure to pop on over to see what Donna and Karen made too.


Taffy Crafting


Crafty Karen Designs


Here's a list of the supplies I used in today's project. Click on the images to head over to my online store.


Product List

Thanks for joining me today, I hope you enjoyed the Gift bag tutorial. Please click follow or subscribe by email to be notified each time I post a new project. Also, be sure to sign up to my Newsletters. I send two per month, one with news & updates and a second with a FREE Exclusive Subscriber only Tutorial.


Have a Great Sunday

See you Soon

Vickie

xxx


3 comments:

  1. Christmas Pretty nice post. I just stumbled upon your weblog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your blog posts. After all I’ll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you write again soon!

    ReplyDelete

The Project Share Project - 18th April 2024

  Good Morning Everyone, Happy Thursday and welcome to The Project Share Project.  Every Thursday we will all share an individual blog post ...