Friday 13 March 2020

Birthday Cheers Perennial Essence Birthday Card

Good morning folks,

We did it, we managed to get to Friday!! I hope you all have some fantastic plans for the weekend ahead.

Today I have this gorgeous card to share with you...



This was 100% inspired by Donna over at Taffy Crafting, who is an awesome papercrafter, this is the card I saw her make..


Donna used the Peaceful Poppies DSP  but I have chosen to use the Perennial Essence DSP for my card, along with BlackBerry Bliss, Mossy Meadow and Silver Foil. Isn't it amazing how buy switching up the paper and colour combo, you get a completely different look.

Measurements

BlackBerry Bliss Cardstock
1pc - 4 1/8" x 11 3/4", scored at 5 7/8"

Whisper White Cardstock
1pc - 5 5/8" x 3 7/8"
1pc - 1" x 3 1/4"

Mossy Meadow Cardstock
4pc - 1 3/4" x 1 3/4"
1pc - 1 1/4" x 3 1/2"

Silver Foil
4pc - 1 5/8" x 1 5/8"
1pc - 1 1/8" x 3 3/8"

Perennial Essence DSP
4pc - 1 1/2" x 1 1/2"
If the paper you are using has a definite picture, like mine. Cut a piece of DSP 3" x 3", then cut into quarters and remember the placement.


Create your card base by folding the BlackBerry Bliss Cardstock along the score line and add the larger piece of whisper white to the inside.

Now round the corners of all your remaining  squares of card stock and DSP. Pay attention to which one's you do round as it only works one way! The way I thought about it is - all the corners that point to the centre stay as corners. You round the corners of all the corners that meet each other around the outside edge. (I hope that makes sense). Layer all these up so you have a piece of DSP  on top of silver foil, on mossy meadow.

Stamp the sentiment onto the whisper white piece, then Round the two opposite corners of the strips that are left, stamp the sentiment and then adhere together.

Adhere all these pieces to the card front, I found it easier to lay all my pieces down first so that I was sure to get everything in the rightplace and then use liquid glue as you have a but of time to adjust your pieces.

Finally add two silver metallic pearls to the sentiment panel.

Here's a list of all the supplies I used in today's card, click on the images to head over to my online store.

Product List
Thanks for joining me, please click follow or subscribe by email to be notified each time I post a new project.

If you get a chance, do pop over and check out her blog.  http://taffycrafting.blogspot.com/?m=1   she has some wonderful projects for you to try!!

See you soon

Vickie




6 comments:

The Project Share Project - 18th April 2024

  Good Morning Everyone, Happy Thursday and welcome to The Project Share Project.  Every Thursday we will all share an individual blog post ...