Tuesday 4 September 2018

Team Scrimpy Blog Hop Cross Stitch Christmas Card

Hello Everyone,

Sorry I have been missing for a week or two.. I have been under the weather and unfortunately crafting has had to take a back seat. I'm nearly back to full health... so I'm back to crafting and showing you guys some wonderful projects.

Today is a very special post.... I am taking part in my first ever Blog Hop. Not familiar with a blog hop?? Basically you take a look at my project, then towards the end there's a list of team mates who are in the hop too, click on the next one and you will be taken to their project along with the same list.... you then 'hop' around everyone in the Blog Hop to see a variety of different projects around a theme.

Our theme is the Autumn/Winter Catalogue which launches tomorrow.... I'm so excited... This is to showcase a lot of beautiful products that will be available from 5th September..

So I have rambled on for like forever... let's get to it... Here's my card...…



Measurements

Shaded " Spruce Card stock
1pc  - 5 7/8 x 8 1/4", scored 4 1/8"
1pc - 4 1/8" x 2 3/8"

Whisper White Card Stock
1pc - 5 5/8" x 3 7/8"
1pc - 4" x 2 1/4"

Real Red Card Stock
1pc - 5 7/8" x 3 7/8"

Make up your card base with the shaded spruce, and add the large whisper white panel to the inside of the card. Using Real Red ink, stamp the Joy sentiment all over the piece of real red card stack, and them add this to the card front.

Take the most solid tree image and in shaded spruce ink stamp this in the centre of the remaining whisper white piece. The next most solid image is inked up in granny apple green and then carefully line up the stamp and fill in some of the blank spaces, finally ink up the sparsest stamp in Real red and line up again. Add the star using pineapple punch ink and the trunk with soft suede. Stamp Merry Christmas along the bottom.

Now I did all this by eye, but you could use the Stamparatus, which in hindsight would have made lining up and filling in a lot easier.


Round two opposite corners of this piece and the layering shaded spruce panel and adhere together with snail.

Pop this panel onto the centre of the card front with dimensionals.

Using you wink of stella add a small amount to each of the red 'stitches' and the star to add a little sparkle.

Here's a list of the supplies I used today, click on the images to head over to my online store...
Product List

Thanks for joining me for my project on this Team Scrimpy Blog Hop, Here's a list of all the ladies who have some amazing projects to share, click on the links to continue hopping.

Amanda Charlesworth



I hope to see you all soon.

Vickie
  xxx

8 comments:

  1. OOOo lovely project Victoria and thanks for joining our hop xxx A

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this card x so unique looking x Thanks for taking part xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wasn't sure about this stamp set Vickie but after seeing what you have done with it you have turned me. TFS :O) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Lorraine, I will be honest I wasn't sure when it first arrived but I love it now I have had a play with it. xx

      Delete

The Project Share Project - 18th April 2024

  Good Morning Everyone, Happy Thursday and welcome to The Project Share Project.  Every Thursday we will all share an individual blog post ...