Sunday 23 September 2018

Tabs for Everything Reporters Jotter. Number 17 of #100things

Hi Everyone,

I hope you are doing we on this Sunday morning? 

I returned back yesterday from a wonderful family holiday in Cornwall, we have had such a great week away - but now I'm back to it - hard at work crafting away!!

Today's project is a little bit of a mash up between two ideas I have seen. The Stampin Up catalogue show a covered spiral notebook covered using this stamp set so I thought I would case it.







Then I watched a YouTube video from Connie Stewart covering a spiral notepad, so I decided that I would mix those two ideas up and this is what I came up with:-




Measurements

Grapefruit Grove Card Stock
1pc - 8" x 5"

In Colour 2018 - 2020 DSP Stack
1pc - 3" x 4"
1pc - 2 x 3 1/4"
1pc - 1" x 3 1/2"


So to start with you need a simple shorthand notebook jotter style pad like this:-




Carefully remove a sheet of the lined paper, make sure that you keep the top edge as intact as possible. Line this piece onto your piece of grapefruit grove cardstock and secure with a few paperclips - this will ensure that it doesn't move. Take the 1/8" handheld circle punch and punch in each of the holes that are on the lined paper as below:-



Once you have a complete run of holes along one edge, it should look like this:-



Take your snips and cut up a line to each of the circles you have created, to replicate the piece of lined paper you have been using as your template. The Grapefruit Grove Cardstock should look like this along the top edge:-




Line up the cardstock on top of the front page of the jotter, and with the edge of your snips or tweezers, push the 'tabs' through the spiral to make the piece sit flush with the jotter:-




Add liquid glue to the back side of the cardstock and adhere to the front of the jotter - if you make sure that the cardstock is well secured to the front page, you don't need to worry about not sticking down the cardstock under the spiral - it should stay put.

Now for the decoration. I decided to use the 2018-2020 in colours as my palette for this jotter, so I cut three different pieces of the in colour DSP Stack. I made these different lengths and widths to create some layers and dimension. 

Take the lined stamp and in grapefruit grove add a few to the cover. Adhere the three DSP strips over towards the right hand side. With grapefruit grove ink and the sentiments from Tabs for Everything - cover the front cover with a variety of sentiments. I chose words that relate to making notes and using jotters.

Taking a scrap of each of the in colours create a tab using the circle tab punch and set to one side.


On a scrap of whisper white , stamp remember three times and fussy cut then add to the top of the DSP panel. Whilst you have the whisper white out - stamp 5 different images/words that will create your sections for your jotter. Put a scallop circle around each in one of the in colours. Punch these out with the 3/4" circle punch and adhere these to the coordinating coloured circle tab punch out you created.

Take these tabs and fold them in half, add liquid glue to inside both sides and adhere to a page of the jotter - place one rectangle on one side or the paper and adhere it closed to cover the back as well.

Make sure that you stagger these along the edge, so at a glance you can see all the sections you have.

Here's a list of the supplies I used today, click on the images to head over to my online store:-
Product List 



Thanks So much for joining me today, don't forget to use your catalogue for inspiration - there are hundreds of samples nestled in between the product information. 

Also don't forget to check out Connie Stewarts video
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rbe8duH99c for her covered jotter.

I hope you enjoyed todays project, I hope to see you soon

Vickie
  xxx


2 comments:

  1. Wow what a great project to come back from your holiday and do Vickie, I love it and must try this but I might use smaller pads though. xx :O) xxx TFS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lorraine, I am sure the principle would work well on a smaller jotter also. xx

      Delete

The Project Share Project - 28th March 2024

  Good Morning Everyone, Happy Thursday and welcome to The Project Share Project.  Every Thursday we will all share an individual blog post ...