Sunday 30 September 2018

Enjoy the Beauty of the Season Cute gift Box. number 25 of #100things

Happy Sunday Everyone,

I hope you have had a great weekend and have some exciting plans for today. I will mostly be hidden away in the craft room. Dave is an absolute Golf Geek, and it's the last day of the Ryder Cup so he will be glued to the TV for most of the day.... perfect chance for me to craft. Hoping to get some projects all ready for next week for you all.

Today I have this really cute Christmas Box. I wanted to keep this simple and unfussy without using a heap of supplies.



Take a piece of Real Red cardstock that measures 8" x 6". Score on the long side with full scores at 1", 2 3/4", 4  1/2"  & 6 1/2". Now part score at the 1 7/8" & 5 3/8". So, score down at these two measurements to approx. 3" mark, this will help the sides fold in neater and give you that crisp triangular close. Score on the short side at 4 1/2".


Fold a burnish all the full score lines with your bone folder, gently tease around the part scores to create the shape above.

Add two DSP panels using the Under the Mistletoe paper which you have cut at 4 1/4" x 1 1/2", adhere and below then cut away so you are left with the following shape.



Add liquid glue to the flap and adhere to the opposite side, you may have to hold it a second or two until the glue grips!

Fold in the base flaps and again using liquid glue stick them all together, now the base flaps don't fully cover each other, so don't be alarmed if they look short. Once all glued together, it will be sturdy enough to hold all sorts of goodies.

Finally stamp the sentiment onto a scrap of whisper white that measures 2 x 1 1/4" and then layer onto a piece of old olive that's 1/4" larger. Add this to the box with dimensionals and close the top with a gold library clip.

Here's a list of all the supplies I used today, click on the images below to head over to my online store:-
Product List

Thanks for joining me on my #100things journey. I can't believe I am at 25 already.... but there's still a long way to go. So if you do not want to miss out on any of my future posts, be sure to click on the follow button.

I hope to see you again soon

Vickie
 xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Project Share Project - 25th April 2024

  Good Morning Everyone, Happy Thursday and welcome to The Project Share Project.  Every Thursday we will all share an individual blog post ...