Wednesday 31 August 2022

What A Year Happy Birthday Card Graceful Tiles. Creative Colour Challenges - #CCC52

 Good Afternoon Everyone

I hope you are all well. Apologies for the lateness of this particular project this week. I'll be honest, I've fallen a bit behind with my crafting - we have one daughter starting Nursery & one Playschool in the next couple of weeks, so we have been preparing for that, along with Birthdays and Weddings and general life things - My craft time has unfortunately dropped significantly. But the good news is that I am back on it - we have pretty much everything sorted elsewhere so I'm on a straight edge with all that - Proper crafting can commence.

So, enough of my babbling and on with the project.

This weeks Creative Colour Challenges combination is fabulous and I really wanted to push myself to create a project which was quite unique and a bit quirky - pushing myself out of my comfort zone.

I've used a lot of ink blending and strips of stamping to build a bold background behind a very simple sentiment.

What do you think?






Measurements

Bermuda Bay Card Stock

1pc - 5 7/8" x 8 1/4", scored at 4 1/8"

Basic White Card Stock

1pc - 5 5/8" x 3 7/8"

1pc - 3 3/4" x 5 1/2"

Scraps

----------------------

Take the Bermuda Bay Card Stock and fold along the score line to create your card base. Add the larger piece of basic white to the inside.

Using your blending brushes add some Cherry Cobbler ink and Bermuda Bay ink to the edges of the remaining piece of Basic White. Holding the card landscape - add Cherry Cobbler towards the left and Bermuda Bay to the right, carefully blending then together where they meet.

Add this panel to the card front.

Take a decent sized scrap of Basic White and stamp a selection of the decorative images from Graceful Tiles. Once it's been filled and looks a little like DSP, cut it into strips  - this doesn't have to be exact, but keep them between 3/4" and 1" wide and no longer than 3 3/4". Add ink to all the edges of the strips using all the three colours. 

Once the ink has dried, adhere these to the card front along the inked panel slightly wonky and overlapping, alternating the pieces based on the sponged edge colour.

Stamp the sentiment in Cherry Cobbler ink onto a scrap of Basic white and trim down, then one a scrap of basic white add some Cherry Cobbler and Bermuda bay ink to replicate the first panel you created. Adhere the sentiment onto the top of this and trim to show a nice even border.

Add this to the centre of the card with dimensionals.

I hope you have enjoyed my card today. If you would like more information about how Creative Colour Challenges works and to enter a projects - head over to my blog Creative Colour Challenges

Here's a list of supplies I used in today's project, click on the images to head over to my online store Product List







If you are on Facebook, why not pop over and check out our community group Craft & Banter. If you have a passion for paper craft, are brilliant at baking or a super talented seamstress then we would love to see you there. We share all types of crafting, run challenges and giveaways & generally have a right good natter.

See you soon 

Vickie 

Xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Project Share Project - 28th March 2024

  Good Morning Everyone, Happy Thursday and welcome to The Project Share Project.  Every Thursday we will all share an individual blog post ...