Sunday 7 August 2022

Wonderful World Thinking of You Floating Circle Card. Share it on a Sunday

 Good Morning Everyone

Happy Sunday!! 

Today for Share it on a Sunday, we are all CASEing each other. I'm CASEing Karen from Crafty Karen Designs.

As you know, other people's creations can be a huge source of inspiration and CASEing has a couple of meanings... 

Some Say Copy And Share Everywhere - Basically using the original and sticking pretty much 'word for word' to the design.

Others Say Copy And Selectively Edit - so take their design and fuse it with your own ideas to create something based on the original.




I tend to do a bit of both, and today I've taken Karen's Card and used her layout and used different products to create a card that looks very similar in terms of positioning, but very different by using a different decoration. Here's the Card I've CASE'd




Measurements

Rich Razzleberry Card Stock

1pc - 4 1/8" x 11 3/4", scored at 5 7/8"

Basic White Card Stock

2pc - 3 7/8" x 5 5/8"

Wonderful You DSP

1pc - 4 1/2" x 4 1/2"

1pc - Fussy cut flower

Window Sheet

1pc - 4" x 4"

--------------------------------

Take the Rich Razzleberry Card Stock and fold along the score line to create your card base, adding one of the Basic White pieces of the inside.

Stamp the sentiment in Orchid Oasis into the bottom left of the remaining piece of basic white and add to the card front.

Bring in your Cut and Emboss Machine and cut a 3 1/4" approx circle from the Layering Circles Dies from your window sheet.

Now, cut your DSP into 1/4" strips - I wanted the DSP design to follow through so I made sure I laid out the paper in order off to the side so it was easier to get it in the right place.

As I'm working with a full pattern I started from the edge and worked my way across. Adding a thin line of adhesive to the back of the DSP, Place these strips all over the window sheet circle to cover it, leaving even spacing between each strip. Once Dry trim off the overhanging DSP to get the circle shape.

Add this circle to the card front towards the top with mini dimensionals. I will admit, due to the thin strips I did need to cut these in half so that you couldn't see them through the circle. It made it a little more faffy, but I think the results make it worthwhile.

Figure out the positioning of the fussy cut flower and add dimensionals to the back of the flower that will sit on the basic white, then add a small amount of liquid glue to adhere the parts that lay over the circle.

I hope you liked my card today and will give it a go yourself. I really enjoyed creating it. Please take a look at the links below and see which projects both Donna and Karen have chosen to CASE today.

Taffy Crafting

Crafty Karen Designs

Here's a list of supplies I used in today's project, click on the images to head over to my online store - don't forget that the FREE Wonderful World Bundle is available until the end of August or until the stock runs out! Product List







If you are on Facebook, why not pop over and check out our community group Craft & Banter. If you have a passion for paper craft, are brilliant at baking or a super talented seamstress then we would love to see you there. We share all types of crafting, run challenges and giveaways & generally have a right good natter.

See you soon 

Vickie 

Xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Project Share Project - 25th April 2024

  Good Morning Everyone, Happy Thursday and welcome to The Project Share Project.  Every Thursday we will all share an individual blog post ...