Saturday 27 August 2022

Simple Thank You Note Cards using Hand Penned Petals. Stampin' Bird Showcase Blog Hop. August 2022

 Good Morning Everyone

Happy Saturday! I hope you all have some fabulous plans for the weekend ahead. Today me & Dave are going to the Wedding of one of his oldest friends. We are so excited and I can't wait to celebrate such a wonderful occasion with everyone.

But, before that fun begins - take a look at today's project! It's that time of the month for the Stampin' Birds Team Hop. We don't have a set theme for our hops, we just get to share projects we have made with out Stampin Up Stash.

As you may, or may not know - I love to batch my cards and I especially like to have Thank You cards ready for the off and a moments notice as I sent them ALL the time. So today I'm sharing a batch of cards I made really quickly and easily using the Hand Penned Petals Stamp Set.

This stamp set makes it so easy to create gorgeous cards in minutes. I sat and I cut all my base, mats and strips. Then did all the outline stamping, went back and filled in with solid images the did all the sticking. Working like this is really efficient and makes to best use of your time if you are batching.

What do you think?




Measurements - Per Card

Basic White Card Stock

1pc - 4" x 8", scored at 4"

1pc - 3 1/2" x 3 1/2"

Tahitian Tide Card Stock

2pc - 3 1/4" x 3/4" approx

------------------------------------------

Take the 4" x 8" card and fold along the score line to create your card base.

On the remaining piece of Basic white stamp the image and sentiment in memento ink. I positioned both of my pieces onto a block and stamped them both at the same time - this also sped up the process. I worked with a large block, but the stamparatus could make even lighter work of the process.

Once the ink dries, 'colour' in the flowers and leaves using the solid stamps. Now, this set is specifically designed to be quite 'whimsy' and as the name suggests a little 'free hand' so the solid images do not sit perfectly or cover the images fully but you can line them up a bit. I add So Saffron to the centre of my flowers with my Stampin Blends.

Add the strip of Tahitian Tide card to either side of this piece, showing about 1/8" to maybe a 1/4" say. It doesn't have to be exact, but do try to make them look even on each side.

Now add this to the card front. 

This is a fabulous card as is, and works perfect for me to create quickly without losing charm and it's also flat enough to post - but you could really go to town and add some more layers and maybe some Rhinestones or Pearls for extra bling.

I hope you have enjoyed my quick and easy cards today. Please continue through the hop to see what all the other Birds have created today. Donna is up next, so click on the button below to head over to her blog



Here's a list of supplies I used in today's project, click on the images to head over to my online store Product List







If you are on Facebook, why not pop over and check out our community group Craft & Banter. If you have a passion for paper craft, are brilliant at baking or a super talented seamstress then we would love to see you there. We share all types of crafting, run challenges and giveaways & generally have a right good natter.

See you soon 

Vickie 

Xxx


2 comments:

The Project Share Project - 25th April 2024

  Good Morning Everyone, Happy Thursday and welcome to The Project Share Project.  Every Thursday we will all share an individual blog post ...