Thursday 10 March 2022

Pansy Patch Happy Birthday Card. Stampin' Dreams Florals Blog Hop. March 2022

 Good Afternoon Everyone

I hope you are all well. The weather seems to be on the turn, only ever so slightly here in the UK but the days are getting longer and the sun is starting to shine a little more, so spring is on it's way and so this Floral themed hop is perfectly timed

I decided to revisit the annual catalogue and the lovely Pansy Petals Suite. I haven't used this in some time. I don't know about you, but sometimes when I get new things I don't put them down and I kinda forget about some of the other older sets I have purchased.










Measurements

Evening Evergreen Card Stock

1pc - 4 1/8" x 11 3/4", scored at 5 7/8"

Basic White Card Stock

1pc - 5 5/8" x 3 7/8"

scrap

Pansy Petals DSP

1pc - 3 7/8" x 5 5/8"

1pc - scrap

fussy cut/ die cut Pansy images

--------------------------------------

Take the Evening Evergreen card stock and fold along the score line to create your card base. Add the larger piece of basic white to the inside and the larger Pansy Petals DSP to the card front.

On the scrap of basic white stamp the two sentiments together in Evening Evergreen and then trim - I didn't really work to any specific measurements here, I just trimmed it so it looked even on the top, bottom and right but add some extra space on the left. Layer this to the Gingham print from the DSP pack. I then trimmed this down so that it was a couple of squares wide all the way round - technical I know! haha! 

Place this onto the card front towards the right hand side, just lining it up with one of the stripes on the DSP below, making sure I left plenty of space on the left.

Add the pansy images around the left hand side of the sentiment, overlapping the sentiment square a bit. I used a mix of liquid glue and dimensional to give some height and a bit of interest.

All Done! super quick and easy and it looks great. This layout would work with a whole host of flowers - either stamped or cut from DSP.

I hope you have enjoyed my project - Please take a look at the list below and continue through the hop to get some more amazing inspiration for some floral projects.



Blog Hop Index

Product List





Do get in touch if you would like to see a copy of our Annual Catalogue and new Mini Catalogue - let me know if you would like me to get them or both in the post for you.




If you are on Facebook, why not pop over and check out our community group Craft & Banter. If you have a passion for paper craft, are brilliant at baking or a super talented seamstress then we would love to see you there. We share all types of crafting, run challenges and giveaways & generally have a right good natter.

See you soon 

Vickie 

Xxx

9 comments:

Creative Colour Challenges - #137

   Good Evening Everyone, As you may or may not know - I run the Creative Colour Challenges blog. Each week three Stampin Up Colours are ran...