Monday 14 March 2022

Hey Sports Fan Pirate Birthday Card. Creative Colour Challenges #CCC28

 Good Morning Everyone

Happy Monday - I hope you all had a fabulous weekend and are ready for a great week ahead.

As It's Monday, I wanted to share with you the card I have made for this week's Creative Colour Challenges Combo. Now I'm not going to lie this was definitely a challenge.

My process for challenges starts with putting the inks out in front of me so I can see the colours, then I take a look at my stamp sets to see if there's any inspiration from that, then I will take a look at the DSP and see if any colour appear and would work - somehow I theme manage to come up with my designs.

This particular card involved a bit of a mix of products, probably not something you would think of putting together straight away - It certainly took me a while! haha. What do you think?






Measurements

Poppy Parade Card Stock

1pc - 4 1/8" x 11 3/4", scored at 5 7/8"

scraps

Very Vanilla Card Stock

1pc - 5 5/8" x 3 7/8"

1pc - 3 1/4" x 2"

Hey Sports Fan DSP

1pc - 5 5/8" x 3 7/8"

1pc -  fussy cut flag

Early Espresso Card Stock

scraps

Bumble Bee Card Stock

scraps

----------------------------------------

Take the Poppy Parade card stock and fold along the score line to create your card base. Add the larger piece of Very Vanilla to the inside and the DSP to the card front.

Using some washi tape or masking tape, cover over the sword on the pirate stamp, then ink up in Early espresso ink. Remove the tape and stamp onto the smaller piece of Very Vanilla towards the bottom. 

Stamp the Birthday sentiment in Early Espresso as well towards the top.

Take this panel and ink up the edges with Early Espresso ink - to get a thin line hold the edge vertical to the pad a gently tap down so you are just touching the edge.

Add this panel to the card stock towards the left hand side. 

Add dimensionals to the back of the fussy cut flag and position it so that the Pirate looks to be holding it in the hand where his sword would have been.

Finally, punch out a couple of stars in the scraps of coloured card and arrange around the flag.

I hope you have enjoyed today's card. If you want more information on Creative Colour Challenges or fancy giving this week's combo a go head on over to my blog

Creative Colour Challenges



Here's a list of supplies I used in today's project, click on the images to head over to my online store Product List





Do get in touch if you would like to see a copy of our Annual Catalogue and new Mini Catalogue - let me know if you would like me to get them or both in the post for you.




If you are on Facebook, why not pop over and check out our community group Craft & Banter. If you have a passion for paper craft, are brilliant at baking or a super talented seamstress then we would love to see you there. We share all types of crafting, run challenges and giveaways & generally have a right good natter.

See you soon 

Vickie 

Xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment

The Project Share Project - 25th April 2024

  Good Morning Everyone, Happy Thursday and welcome to The Project Share Project.  Every Thursday we will all share an individual blog post ...