Thursday 17 May 2018

Silver Embossed Feathers Sympathy Card using Stampin Up Products

Hello Everyone,

We've made it past midweek - we are now on the downslope to the weekend and I cant wait.... I have a lot of things planned in this weekend, with a few hours pencilled in for crafting so I'm looking forward.

My card for today is a sympathy card... I always get sad when I have to make a sympathy card, but that doesn't me the card itself has to be sad, it can be uplifting and provide a small ray of sunshine for the recipient during a hard time..



Keeping it simple with the layers allows you to create a great card with interest quickly. I like the no fuss look this gives and the focus is on the shimmery shiny feathers.

Taking the whisper white strip, stamp the layer of the feathers except for the most detailed with smoky slate ink randomly over it - I used a mixture of first and second generation stamping to add texture and depth.

Make sure that the ink is dry and then rub it over with the embossing buddy. Take the most detailed image and ink up in versamark. cover with the silver embossing powder and lightly tap off the excess.... use the heat gun to melt the powder. Rub the embossing buddy over a layer of Night of navy card stock and repeat the embossing process for the with sympathy sentiment from better Together, which I place in the bottom right hand corner

Layer up all of you mats together and the card is done!

Measurements for the cards stock is as follows:-

Peekaboo Peach
1pc - 4 1/8" x 11 3/4" scored at 5 7/8"
1pc - 2 3/8" x 5 1/2"

Night of Navy
1pc - 5 5/8" x 3 7/8"

Whisper White
1pc - 5 3/8" x 2 1/4"


Here's a list of all the items used today :-
Product List



Unfortunately the Peekaboo Peach is part of the 2016-2018 in colors, which will retire and the end of this catalogue along with the stamp set, so make sure you grab them will you can!!

Thanks for joining me today, see you soon.

Vickie
  xxx

2 comments:

  1. Vicky, sympathy cards are not projects I have made at all. I usually do more 'Thinking of You' or 'You are in my thoughts at this time' which I presume are similar. I love what you have done with the feathers though with the first and second generation inking and heat embossing as well. Would you use the Stamparatus for this type of project in the future or not? Your crafty pal. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have made a few of these with varying sentiment, some similar to yours.... I think they all convey the same message. I enjoyed randomly stamping, but I'm sure it could be recreated with the Stamparatus xx

    ReplyDelete

The Project Share Project - 18th April 2024

  Good Morning Everyone, Happy Thursday and welcome to The Project Share Project.  Every Thursday we will all share an individual blog post ...