Wednesday 16 May 2018

Artistically Asian Rainbow Emboss Resist Card using Stampin Up Products

Hello Everyone,

 I have tried to do something a little different with my time today. Yes, it's a card but I didn't want to do the norm!!

A few blog posts back I used the Artistically Asian stamp set for the first time and I stuck to a more traditional theme using gold, black and red. This time I wanted to mix it up a little and do something a little outside the box....


The measurements for the layers are as follows:-

Basic Gray
1pc - 4 1/8" x 11 3/4" scored at 5 7/8"

Gold Foil Sheet
1pc -  5 1/2" x 4 3/4"

Smoky Slate

1pc - 4 3/4" x 3 1/3"

Whisper White
1pc - 3" x 4 1/4"

First take the basic gray, gold foil and the smoky slate and layer together.

Take the whisper white piece and rub over it with the embossing buddy. This will help remove the grease, oils and static which may be on the card, helping the embossing powder to stick only where you want it!

Ink up the grass image from the Artistically Asian stamp set with versamark ink and stamp towards the top of the card. Add clear embossing powder and using a heat gun, heat until it has all melted - you will know when this is 'ready' as the powder will have turned shiny and smooth.

Set this to one side to cool down, whilst you have all the embossing equipment out.. on a scrap piece of smoky slate create your sentiment. If I'm honest I wasn't sure what sentiment to use for this so Hey Friend from Orange Blossoms kept my card more generic for any occasion.

Bring back in the whisper white piece and bring out the sponges and ink pads. I used a whole variety of colours in small pockets, but this technique can work just as well with two or three colours. Take a sponge and ink it up, in circular motions bring the sponge to the card from the edge towards to centre. Make sure you start your sponging on scrap paper and then progress onto the stamped piece. This way you will minimise any harsh lines and the background will have a smoother even tone. Switch an change the colours as you wish, but make sure you blend the colours well when they touch, making the merge together rather than look like they are side by side.

Once the piece is covered, take a paper towel or a dry cloth and gently dab off any ink that may have gone on the image. This should come away easy and it just sits on top of the embossed area.

All you need to do now is adhere this to the card base and add the sentiment!


Here's a list of all the supplies used, click on the images to head over to my online store.
Product List

Thank you for joining me, I hope to see you again soon

Vickie
 xx

2 comments:

  1. Vicky I love this card particularly the sentiment "Hey Friend" I didn't realise that was a SU sentiment but what a great large sentiment for any card. Thank you for the explanation about how you put together this project as it is certainly one I will try out the technique for in the future. Your crafty pal. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lorraine xx I think the sentiment is awesome!! I think it's a shame the stamp set is retiring :( Oooh I would love to see your version of the technique xx

    ReplyDelete

The Project Share Project - 28th March 2024

  Good Morning Everyone, Happy Thursday and welcome to The Project Share Project.  Every Thursday we will all share an individual blog post ...