Wednesday 17 January 2018

Sometimes the Smallest things Inspirational Quote Card using Stampin Up Products

Hello Everyone.

Today I am sharing a project which is a little special. I am a member of a Facebook group, in which members submit their postal address to a document and then wait. Basically then people in the group make cards when they feel like it, post them out to unsuspecting recipients and make people smile.

Everyone has a different way of participating, some people make one card and post to one person every so often, but for my first Random Act of Kindness I decided to do a batch. I made ten cards in the exact same way - but chose to do two of each of the 2017-2019 in colours. This is one of the cards I made.



How did I do it? Here's how :-

I created the card base by cutting down whisper white to 4 1/8" by 11 3/4" and scored at 5 7/8". You can get two bases from one sheet of A4 Cardstock. Cut a piece of tranquil tide cardstock to 3 7/8" x 5 7/8" and a piece of fresh florals DSP to 3 5/8" x 5 3/8. These are then layered onto the card base.

Bringing the big shot out, I cut the largest oval out in whisper white cardstock.

The quote, from the Layering Love stamp set, was inked up in Tranquil tide and stamp centrally in the oval.

I then cut a small length of ribbon, fold over and cut the tails at an angle. Adhere this to the back of the oval and the place the whole thing onto the card using dimensionals.

Lastly, I took a scrap of Tranquil Tide a punched out the flower using the blossom builder punch, added a pearl to the centre and added this to the card using a glue dot.


I hope you enjoyed this project, and will try it yourself! Here are all of all the products used





Product List

I hope to see you again soon. Please do not forget to sign up & follow my blog, that way you will be notified of all new posts!!

Thanks for stopping by!

Vickie xx


2 comments:

  1. What a lovely idea, pretty cards, I love everything using in colours no matter which year lol xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lynn. I love the fact we get new in colours every year and this particular set is lovely and I will be sad to see it leave xx

      Delete

The Project Share Project - 25th April 2024

  Good Morning Everyone, Happy Thursday and welcome to The Project Share Project.  Every Thursday we will all share an individual blog post ...