Monday 15 January 2018

Case the Catty - Watts of Occasions from Stampin Up

Hello Everyone,

After watching  Scrimpingmommy over on YouTube on using the catalogue for inspiration, she gave me a great idea for a series. If I'm honest I had noticed all the projects in the catalogue, but just flicked through focusing more on the images of stamp set and the written information.

Looking at the sample pieces that SU showcase in the catalogue I realised that there were a lot of projects I could recreate that I wouldn't have thought of myself.

Enter my new series - Case the Catty! Every Monday I will be taking on one of the projects showcased. Now, I don't have everything in the catalogue and I have had to tweak slightly to make good use of my stash - whilst keeping true to the original.

Today's Project is using the Watts of Occasions Stamp Set. This is a fun and quirky set which can lend itself to a variety of projects.

Here's the image from the catalogue,


I love melon mambo and with valentines day coming up soon I thought the Love you Watts & Watts would be a perfect card to recreate. This is what I came up with.

How did it do it? Here's how :-

Create a card base from Melon Mambo card stock measuring 5 7/8" x 8 1/4" scored at 4 1/8". Take the stamp with the heart in the centre and stamp all over the card front with melon mambo ink.

Using scraps stamp out the wording onto melon mambo and daffodil delight, also stamp out an image of the lightbulb with the heart with black archival ink. Cut all these out and put to the side.

Stamp one image of the heart bulb onto a scrap of whisper white with black archival ink also. Using the daffodil delight stamp n write marker from the many marvellous makers and colour the top half of the bulb - fussy cut and put to the side.

Cut a piece of daffodil delight at 1 1/2" x 4" and a piece of Whisper white measuring 4" x3". Adhere the daffodil delight to the back of the whisper white at an angle, so the white is straight and the coloured piece is at an angle. Turn this over and run some snail to the right hand side. Loop some white bakers twine (or twine thread as the original) so they go over the edge. Flip over and adhere to the card base.

Bring back all your cut elements and place on the whisper white panel. I used dimensionals to give lift to the light bulb and snail for tall the other elements.

I am really chuffed at how this turned out and although I had to use a couple of different things than the original I think it looks good.

I hope you enjoyed this project, and will try it yourself! Here are all of all the products used

Product List



I hope to see you again soon. Please do not forget to sign up & follow my blog, that way you will be notified of all new posts!!

Thanks for stopping by!

Vickie xx








No comments:

Post a Comment

Darling Details Vertical Blooms Thank You Card Monochromatic Insta Hop - Flirty Flamingo

  Good Afternoon Everyone, It's Friday - and that means it's time for our next colour in our Monochromatic Insta Hop . This week we ...