Thursday 11 January 2018

Beautiful Garden in Bloom Birthday Card Using Stampin Up Products

I decided to go back to a stamp set that I have overlooked for some time for todays project. I've had this for at least 18 months, but as new catalogues arrive and new products fill my shelf, some items seem to get missed. I'm sure you all know exactly what I mean!!

The Garden in Bloom stamp set has such a beautiful flower, cute butterfly & sweet sentiments but as I needed a Birthday card - I brought in the Stylized Birthday stamp as well.



How did I do it? Here's how:-

Start off the a piece of whisper white  cut at 5 3/4" x 3 3/4" and rub your embossing buddy all over it, this makes sure all the oil and static are removed and stops you getting embossing powder where you don't want it!!

Ink up the Stylized birthday stamp with Versamark ink and stamp centrally on the card mat. Cover the ink with Gold emboss power and lightly tap of the excess. Hover your heat gun over the sentiment until the dull powder melts and turns glossy.

Taking the outline flower stamp inked up in fresh fig, cover the remainder of the white card. Next, using the large petal infill stamp, ink it up again in fresh fig, but this time stamp off onto scrap paper and then stamp within the outlines on your mat. The third step is to take the small infill flower petal stamp inked up in Rich Razzleberry and lined up in the centre of the flowers.

On a piece of scrap whisper white stamp the outline of the butterfly in tranquil tide and stamp the infill wings with So Saffron, fussy cut out and add a row of pearls down the body. 

Place six small pearl embellishments in a circle to create the flowers centres.

Layer this onto a card base which has been made by cutting a piece of whisper white to 6"x8" and scoring at 4". Finally add the Butterfly using mini dimensionals.


I hope you enjoyed this project, and will try it yourself! Here are all of all the products used

I hope to see you again soon. Please do not forget to sign up & follow my blog, that way you will be notified of all new posts!!

Thanks for stopping by!

Vickie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Colour Challenges - #137

   Good Evening Everyone, As you may or may not know - I run the Creative Colour Challenges blog. Each week three Stampin Up Colours are ran...