Thursday 16 March 2023

Brushed Bouquet Framed Florets Thank You Card

  Good Evening Everyone

I've Been on a little bit of a 'Use it Up' mission recently. I have found myself with a huge pile of scraps and quite a bit of DSP on my desk.

As you may be aware our Mini Catalogue ends in April and our annual shortly after in May. Therefore, to make way for new products, we have to sadly lose some. 

We don't know yet as to what will stay or leave, but historically no DSP stays so in my effort to not have much left over. I'm trying to use up what I have, so I have room for the new. I don't know about you but I hate having bits left over - I feel like I haven't got my real money's worth if I haven't used it haha!

This layout is a great way to use up scraps or use it to showcase lots of designs from a paper pack. It's simple and easy, but I really like how it looks. Especially with the Subtles DSP Pack and the Pop of colour from the Sentiment and that gorgeous flower from Brushed Bouquet dies.



Measurements

Highland Heather Card Stock

1pc - 5 7/8" x 8 1/4", scored at 4 1/8"

Basic White Card Stock

1pc - 3 7/8" x 5 5/8"

1pc - scrap

Gorgeous Grape Card Stock

1pc - scrap

Shaded Spruce Card Stock

1pc - scrap

Subtles DSP Pack

1pc - 5 3/4" x 4"

6pc - 1 1/4" x 3 3/4"

-------------------------------------------------

Take the Highland Heather card stock and fold along the score line to create your card base. Adding the larger piece of Basic White to the inside and the largest piece of DSP to the card front.

Now arrange the 6 strips of DSP across the card front, slightly higgedly piggledy and offset to create a bit more interest.

Bring in you Mini Cut & Emboss machine and cut out the smooth label image in some Basic White card.  Ink up the sentiment from Framed Florets and add it to the label towards the right hand side. Layer this to the Gorgeous Grape card stock scrap and trim to leave a nice even border all the way round.

Next cut the embossing flower head in Highland Heather and a couple of the leaves in Shaded Spruce. These dies are fabulous, you have some dies which cut the outline around the images and you have a couple of dies which cut & Emboss in one go - giving you a beautiful effect, very simply.

Using a light touch, add a little Gorgeous Grape ink to the flower head using your blending brush - this helps define some of the detail.

Take the flower, leaves and sentiment label and arrange in the centre of the card front.

What do you think? I absolutely love how this turned out! 

Here's a list of supplies I used in today's project, click on the images to head over to my online store Product List





If you are on Facebook, why not pop over and check out our community group Craft & Banter. If you have a passion for paper craft, are brilliant at baking or a super talented seamstress then we would love to see you there. We share all types of crafting, run challenges and giveaways & generally have a right good natter.

See you soon 

Vickie 

Xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Project Share Project - 25th April 2024

  Good Morning Everyone, Happy Thursday and welcome to The Project Share Project.  Every Thursday we will all share an individual blog post ...