Wednesday 8 April 2020

Cake is the Answer Fun Birthday Card using Stampin Up Products


Good Afternoon Everyone,

I hope you are well, it's  glorious here today so we have spent a few hours in the garden. Now we have some jobs to finish inside, so I thought I'd grab a quick brew and share this card with you first!!

I made this for a colour challenge within our Stampin Up team.  We have a selection of challenges that run throughout the month to inspire and get that mojo going. This week we have Blueberry Bushel, Crumb Cake and Blushing Bride to use. Not my usual colour combo but that's half the fun isn't it??



Measurements

Blushing Bride Cardstock
1pc - 5 7/8" x 8 1/4", scored at 4 1/8"

Crumb Cake Cardstock
1pc ' 5 5/8" x 3 7/8"

 
Blueberry Bushel Cardstock
1pc - 3 3/4" x 5 1/4"

Whisper White Cardstock
1pc - 5 5/8" x 3 7/8"
1pc - 3 3/8" x 5 1/4"
Scraps for the cakes and stands

Create the card base by folding the blushing bride along the score line and add the larger piece of whisper white to the inside. Layer the crumb cake and blueberry bushel cardstock onto the card front.

With the remaining piece of whisper white, stamp the two corners images from Around the Corner in blueberry bushel ink, then add the other sentiments from Piece of Cake to fill in the gaps around the edge.

Next, stamp three cakes in crumb cake ink and three cake stands in blueberry bushel then cut out wither with the cake builder punch or fussy cut as I have done.

Add the cake bases to the card, spacing them evenly across the centre towards the bottom.

Colour in the icing on the cakes using the blushing bride Stampin Write marker, then add these with dimensionals so they sit on the cake stand.

Here's a list of the supplies I used in today's card, click on the images to head over to my online store

Product List
Thanks for joining me today, please click follow or subscribe by email to be notified each time I post a new project

Stay safe, stay home!!

See you soon

Vickie
Xxx

2 comments:

Creative Colour Challenges - #137

   Good Evening Everyone, As you may or may not know - I run the Creative Colour Challenges blog. Each week three Stampin Up Colours are ran...