Wednesday 12 December 2018

Masculine Happy birthday using Wood Textures DSP. Number 74 of #100things

Good Morning Everyone,

Now I don't know about you, but I always struggle with masculine cards. Next Wednesday is my Father in Law's Birthday so I needed to make a card. I ummed and arrhhed loads - I don't know why but I think it's so much harder to make a card if I can't use a flower!!!

Anyway, this is what I came up with, and I was really happy with it.



Measurements:-

Crumb Cake Cardstock
1pc - 5 7/8" x 8 1/4", scored at 4 1/8"
1pc - 2 1/4" x 4 1/2"

Wood Textures Designer Series Paper
1pc - 4" x  2"
1pc - 3 5/8" x 5 1/4"

Whisper White Cardstock
2pc - 5 5/8"  x 3 7/8"

Take the large piece of crumb cake and create your card base.  sponge the edges of the whisper white pieces with soft suede ink. Add one to the inside of the card and one to the card front. Layer the large piece of wood textures DSP to the card front as well.

To create the banner, bring in your tailored tag punch and the thin pieces of crumb cake and wood textures DSP. Take the thin edge of the DSP and place it into the tailored tag punch. Line the edge up with the point as below. This will create the banner tails. Repeat this for the crumb cake. Layer these two pieces together. Add a small hole to the top using the 1/8" handheld punch. Run some linen thread through the hole and tie in a small knot and trim the tails.



 Using the tailored tag punch again, cut out one shape in the crumb cake and one in 

whisper white. Stamp the happy birthday sentiment into the centre of the whisper white piece and then sponge the edges. Cut the crumb cake cut out in half and layer onto the back of the Whisper white.  Wrap a few loops of the metallic thread around the back of the sentiment and the adhere to the card front.

Here's a list of the supplies I used today, click on the images to head over to my online store.
Product List
Thanks for joining me today, I hope to see you soon.

Vickie
  xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Project Share Project - 25th April 2024

  Good Morning Everyone, Happy Thursday and welcome to The Project Share Project.  Every Thursday we will all share an individual blog post ...