Saturday 20 January 2024

Stippled Roses Best Birthday Wishes. Monochromatic Insta Hop 2024

 Good Afternoon Everyone,

I'm a little late sharing this, I did mean to do it yesterday but somehow time got away with me, so I thought i'd best get it done today! 

So Fridays are now our Monochromatic Insta Hop day. This week's colour is Boho Blue - it's the most beautiful blue colour reminiscent of Wedgewood blue in my opinion. 

I decided to create a simple yet very effective background. Using the negative from the Handmade Tag Punch as a stencil I added ink with my blending brush to give me the shape, then keeping the stencil in place I stamped the small rose image over the top!





Measurements

Boho Blue Card Stock

1pc - 4 1/8" x 11 3/4", scored at 5 7/8"

Basic White Card Stock

2pc - 3 7/8" x 5 5/8"

scraps

----------------------------------------------

Take the Boho Blue card stock and fold along the score line to create your card base, lightly ink the edges using Boho Blue ink and a blending brush. Add some ink around the edges of one of the Basic White Card stock pieces and pop inside the card base.

Using you Handmade Tag Punch, cut out a shape in the centre of a scrap of Basic White - make sure it's got a decent amount of white around the edge of it. I forgot to take a pic before, but here's my stencil - i'd suggest giving more space at the top as I had to be very careful with my brush 😅 



Lay this piece over the remaining piece of Basic White and with your Blending Brush and Boho Blue ink into the negative space building up the colour making sure you go into the edges well to give crisp edges. Once you are happy with the colour, move the 'stencil' and repeat the process until you have covered the whole piece. 

Next, take the 'stencil' and lay it over the blended shape and with the smaller roses image, cover each shape with as much flower as you can. Again, repeat this for all the areas.

On a scrap of Basic White stamp the large floral piece in Boho Blue ink and then cut out using the coordinating die.

Add this to the card, using only about 3/4 of the image, cutting off the small rose and keeping a larger single rose. Glue this to the stamped panel. Add this to the card front.

Onto scraps of Basic White stamp the sentiment twice in Boho Blue, then cut Best and Wishes from one piece and Birthday from the other. As the words are quite close together, this allows you to get a bigger border around the words. Take these words and hold vertically and very lightly tap the sides into your ink pad - this gives a thin solid line of inked border around the card.

Pop dimensionals onto the back of each word and position on the card front.

I hope you enjoyed my card today - I really enjoyed making it. Please do take a few minutes and pop on over to Instagram and check out all the other fabulous Boho Blue inspired creations  - click here

Here's a list of supplies I used in today's project, click on the images to head over to my online store Product List

 





If you are on Facebook, why not pop over and check out our community group Craft & Banter. If you have a passion for paper craft, are brilliant at baking or a super talented seamstress then we would love to see you there. We share all types of crafting, run challenges and giveaways & generally have a right good natter.

See you soon 

Vickie 

Xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Project Share Project - 9th May 2024

  Good Morning Everyone, Happy Thursday and welcome to The Project Share Project.  Every Thursday we will all share an individual blog post ...