Saturday 9 September 2023

Sending Birthday Wishes Wishes Vintage Inspired Card. Stamping INKspirations Tic Tac Toe Blog Hop - September 2023

 Good Evening Everyone,

Today I'm taking part in this month's Stamping INKspirations Blog Hop. The theme is a Tic Tac Toe Board.

There's a grid of 9 elements on the grid and you have to include a straight line of three on your projects ( you can do more than one line if you would), just like the game Tic Tac Toe, or Noughts and Crosses to us in the UK.

I chose to step out of my comfort zone and use Vintage, Torn & Yellow - The Vintage theme doesn't come very easy to me, but I kind of stuck to 'ink everything in a brown shade' haha, and I think it worked!  




Measurements

Wild Wheat Card Stock

1pc - 4 1/8" x 11 3/4", scored at 5 7/8"

1pc- scrap

Very Vanilla Card Stock

1pc - 3 7/8" x 5 5/8"

scraps

Crushed Curry Card Stock

1pc - scrap

Delightfully Eclectic DSP

1pc - approx 4" x 6"

----------------------------------------------------------

Take the Wild Wheat card stock and fold along the score line to create your card base. Using your scissors, run the open blade edge along the side of the card to give it a distressed edge - this helps with the vintage look, but it also give a 'rough' surface to collect some more ink when blending.

Ink up the small flower image in Pecan pie and stamp to cover the card front, I focused mainly on the  right hand side and towards the bottom right and I knew my DSP would cover the left hand side. I did quite a bit of stamping to get lots of different shades of Pecan Pie and to build up an interesting but subtle background. Once you are happy, add ink to all the edges of the card front with a blending brush, making sure to get lots of ink right of the edges 'scuffed' edges.

Hold the Lined Paper DSP in front of you and gently rip it down the right hand side. I slowly peeled it towards me creating a rough diagonal line. Once you are happy with the edges, add Pecan Pie ink with your Blending Brush. I applied quite a bit to the edges, and softened it up moving towards the centre - I wanted to keep some of the paper as is in the middle. 

Take the small flower image and this time ink up on Crushed Curry ink and stamp over the bottom third of the paper. I wanted this to be light and soft, so i stamped off first to get a lighter shade.

Add this piece to the card front lining up the top and left hand side to the edge of the card front. Trim off any overhanging paper along the bottom edge.

With Scraps of Crushed Curry and Wild Wheat card stock cut out the word dies using your Stampin Cut & Emboss Machine. I cut the detailed word in crushed Curry and the solid background in Wild Wheat. Layer these two up and pop to one side.

Cut a banner from Very Vanilla - Stamp the sentiment in Pecan Pie and very very lightly add a small amount of Pecan Pie ink with a blending brush, this will just take of that sharpness of colour.

 One Stamp the larger flower head in Crushed Curry, adding the centre in Pecan Pie, and stamp the leaves and stem image in Old Olive. Very lightly add some of the Pecan Pie ink with a blending brush as above, so that when these are cut out, the Very Vanilla colour will be slightly softer. Line up the coordinating dies for both the flower and stems and run through your Cut & Emboss machine.

Add the Flower, Stem, and both sentiment pieces to the card front using dimensionals. I really loved how this turned out and I'm really glad I pushed myself out of my comfort zone for this one!

I hope you have enjoyed my card today, please take a few minutes to continue through the hop and see what everyone else has chosen as their 'lines', you won't be disappointed -  Marieke is up next, block the button to head over to her blog....



Angie McKenzie  ●  Leonie Stuart  ●  Mo Rootes 

  Jan Musselman  ●  Teri West  ●  Tricia Butts

Aurélie Fabre  ●  Lorraine Tierney  ●  Vickie Littlewood

Marieke Bart    Annette Ball

Here's a list of supplies I used in today's project, click on the images to head over to my online store Product List

 




If you are on Facebook, why not pop over and check out our community group Craft & Banter. If you have a passion for paper craft, are brilliant at baking or a super talented seamstress then we would love to see you there. We share all types of crafting, run challenges and giveaways & generally have a right good natter.

See you soon 

Vickie 

Xxx


10 comments:

  1. Love, love, love your card, Vickie!!! Love everything about it... thanks for the inspiration. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Vickie, love all the texture you have achieved x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, Vickie! One of my favorite bundles. Thank you for sharing this!💕

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the vintage look to your card! I may be casing this! I hope you don't mind!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Magnificent card! I love the vintage feel and the choice of your Tic Tac Toe! So inspiring!

    ReplyDelete

Creative Colour Challenges - #139

   Good Evening Everyone, As you may or may not know - I run the Creative Colour Challenges blog. Each week three Stampin Up Colours are ran...