Friday 22 September 2023

Bold Bouquet Enchanted Butterfly Happy Birthday Card - Creative Colour Challenges - #CCC107

 Good Evening Everyone

Today's card has been made using this week's Create Colour Challenges Combo.

I was a little apprehensive about this mix, because although I love it, I really wasn't sure what to make. Hence, why I'm only just sharing on Friday - Haha. I decided to go for it with the Enchanted Butterfly Stamp set and I didn't really have a plan, I just kept stamping and cutting, and here we are! 






Measurements

Wild Wheat Card Stock

1pc - 4 1/8" x 11 3/4"

1pc - 2 5/8" x 3 5/8"

Bubble Bath Card Stock

1pc - 3 1/4" x 4 3/4"

scraps

Night of Navy Card Stock

1pc - 3" x 4 3/4"

Basic White Card Stock

1pc - 3 7/8" x 5 5/8"

1pc - 2 1/2" x 3 1/2"

-----------------------------------------------------------

Take the Wild Wheat card stock and fold along the score line to create your card base.

Ink up the detail leaf image in Bubble Bath ink and cover the whole of the front with the pattern, I was very random and there is some overlapping, but as the Bubble Bath is quite soft and faint on the Wild Wheat, it just gives some additional interest, so it doesn't have to be perfect.

Using the line of circles stamp, add a couple of lines diagonally in Night of Navy ink to the bottom right hand corner of the larger piece of Basic White, then add to the inside of the card.

Whilst you have this stamp to hand, continue using Night of Navy ink and cover the Night of Navy card stock piece completely. I offset each line to get the circles very close and get a tight pattern. 

Take the circle of dots image and stamp in Bubble Bath ink all over the Bubble Bath Card Stock. Most of this piece will be covered, so it doesn't need to be perfect - I wanted a dense concentration of dots, so there's overlapping again. 

Adhere both the Bubble Bath and Night of Navy pieces of card to the card front, adding them at a diagonal opposite of each other, try to keep it a even and as central as you can, whilst trying to show as much of the Bubble Bath card as possible.

On the remaining piece of Basic White, stamp the sentiment from Bold Bouquet in Night of Navy ink along the bottom of the Basic White piece. Layer this to the Wild Wheat mat and add to the card front. This time add it straight and into the centre.

On scraps of Bubble Bath card stock, stamp the large flower image twice in Night of Navy ink. Fussy cut and layer together, offsetting the petals to give the flower head a fuller effect. Gently tease up the petals to add some lift and add above the sentiment with dimensionals.

I'm really happy with how my card turned out - as I said earlier I wasn't exactly sure what I was going to do with these colours!

If you would like more details on how the challenge works, or you would like t enter a project - head on over to my blog - Creative Colour Challenges

Here's a list of supplies I used in today's project, click on the images to head over to my online store Product List

 




If you are on Facebook, why not pop over and check out our community group Craft & Banter. If you have a passion for paper craft, are brilliant at baking or a super talented seamstress then we would love to see you there. We share all types of crafting, run challenges and giveaways & generally have a right good natter.

See you soon 

Vickie 

Xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Holding You Close Enduring Beauty Greeting Card.

  Good Afternoon Everyone, I'm using the Enduring Beauty bundle again - I just cannot put it down! But today I'm showing you a reall...