Saturday 16 September 2023

Curved Occasions Congratulations Card. Stamping with Friends Blog Hop. September 2023

Good Evening Everyone,

Today I'm blog hopping with the fabulous Stamping with Friends ladies and our theme is New Mini Catalogue, so it's an opportunity to show you all some of the fabulous new offerings from our latest Mini catalogue.

I have used the Curved Occasions stamp set and one of the images to create my background. After spending quite a bit of time colouring in the panel, I thought it a shame to go and cover it all up, so I used a strip of vellum to help 'ground' my sentiment a focal bouquet, as it's opaque, you don't block out and of the detail below.





Measurements

Gorgeous Grape Card Stock

1pc - 4 1/8" x 11 3/4", scored at 5 7/8"

scraps

Basic White Card Stock

2pc - 3 7/8" x 5 5/8"

scraps

Vellum

1pc - 6 1/2" x 1 1/4"

-------------------------------------------

Take the Gorgeous Grape card stock and fold along the score line to create your card base. Add one of the Basic White pieces to the inside.

One the remaining piece of Basic White card stock, stamp the bouquet image from Curved Occasions stamp set in Memento ink to cover the full piece with it. Once the ink has dried, take your Watercolour Pencils and colour all the bouquets in. 

Also stamp and colour a bouquet onto a scrap of Basic White cards stock and fussy cut. Pop to one side for later.

Take the vellum strip and lay it onto the stamped panel, about 1/2" from the left, make sure you lay it down so you have overhang at the top and bottom. Fold both over tightly, use a bone folder to create a crisp fold and then secure down with some tape. Adhere this panel to the card front.

Add the fussy cut bouquet to the centre of the vellum.

Stamp the sentiments in Gorgeous Grape and trim down, layer onto some scrap Gorgeous Grape card stock and trim to leave a nice even border. Add these to the vellum strip above and below the bouquet.

I really enjoyed making this card and I'm chuffed with how it turned out. 

Please take a look at the list below and continue through the hop to get lots more inspiration from these talented ladies who are showcasing our new products

Blog Hop Index


Here's a list of supplies I used in today's project, click on the images to head over to my online store Product List

 




If you are on Facebook, why not pop over and check out our community group Craft & Banter. If you have a passion for paper craft, are brilliant at baking or a super talented seamstress then we would love to see you there. We share all types of crafting, run challenges and giveaways & generally have a right good natter.

See you soon 

Vickie 

Xxx


3 comments:

  1. What a great card Vickie, love how you have created the background x

    ReplyDelete
  2. when I first saw your card, i thought, how did I miss this DSP? Great job coloring and i love the vellum tip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this use of the vellum!

    ReplyDelete

Holding You Close Enduring Beauty Greeting Card.

  Good Afternoon Everyone, I'm using the Enduring Beauty bundle again - I just cannot put it down! But today I'm showing you a reall...