Friday 10 February 2023

Country Floral Lane Just Wanted to Say Thank You Card. Stamp n Hop Blog Hop. February 2023

 Good Evening Everyone

Today I'm taking part in the Stamp n Hop monthly Blog Hop and our theme for February is "Mini Catalogue". So we all get a chance to showcase some products from the Jan-Apr Mini. 

Now, I've said this a few times before - The Country Floral Lane Suite isn't something I would normally pick - the colours and designs aren't typically my style. But I liked elements of it and decided to push myself out of my comfort zone and purchase it, and I'm so glad I did because I have had so much fun creating with it.

I gathered up a selection of scraps from the DSP and created a fun background, adding a focal sentiment cluster - super easy and would look fabulous using a whole host of different papers.






Measurements

Sweet Sorbet Card Stock

1pc - 5 7/8" x 8 1/4", scored at 4 1/8"

Basic White Card Stock

1pc - 5 5/8" x 3 7/8"

scraps

Balmy Blue Card Stock

scrap

Country Floral Lane DSP

8pc - 3 3/4" x 1 1/4"

two hearts punched from the DSP

-----------------------------------------------

Fold the Sweet Sorbet Card Stock along the score line to create your card, placing the Basic White to the inside.

Take the strips of DSP and play around with your layout - I started at the left and worked my way over to the right, laying the DSP strips at a slight angle and varying the width showing.

Bring in your Cut & Emboss Machine and the Layering Circles dies and cut a scallop circle, the one that measures approx 2", in Balmy Blue Card Stock. Lightly ink the edges with Balmy Blue ink.

On scraps of Basic White stamp the Just wanted to say.. from Country Bouquet in Sweet Sorbet Ink and trim to a neat rectangle. Then stamp the Thank You sentiment, again in Sweet sorbet ink. This time fussy cut the Thank You away from the rest of the words. 

Add the sentiments along with the die cut circle and the hearts to create a nice focal cluster using a mix of liquid glue and dimensionals. 

Finally add a few of the pastel sequins.

I hope you have enjoyed my project today - please continue through the hop to get lots more inspiration from the Mini Catalogue. Vicky Wright is up next, head on over the her blog to see what she has created today

Roll Call –

 

1.        Mo Rootes

 

2.       Karen Egan

 

3.      Angela Kober

 

4.      Gez Carpenter

 

5.      Annette Elias

 

6.      Victoria Littlewood

 

7.       Vicky Wright


Here's a list of supplies I used in today's project, click on the images to head over to my online store Product List









If you are on Facebook, why not pop over and check out our community group Craft & Banter. If you have a passion for paper craft, are brilliant at baking or a super talented seamstress then we would love to see you there. We share all types of crafting, run challenges and giveaways & generally have a right good natter.

See you soon 

Vickie 

Xxx


3 comments:

  1. Great way to use scraps Vickie. I was the same with these papers but love them. Thank you for hopping along with us this month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, cheerful colours and I love using up strips of dsp x

    ReplyDelete

The Project Share Project - 25th April 2024

  Good Morning Everyone, Happy Thursday and welcome to The Project Share Project.  Every Thursday we will all share an individual blog post ...