Saturday 17 September 2022

Pretty Medallion Happy Birthday Card. Stamping with Friends Blogger Choice Blog Hop. September 2022

 Good Evening Everyone

Today I'm taking part in the Stamping with Friends blog hop and this month it's Blogger's Choice - so we have our pick of products to create with as long as they are in the Annual Catalogue. 

I decided use the Pretty Medallion stamp set. I absolutely love this stamp set and I love to colour - so I took myself away, stamped this image and merrily escaped to a quite half hour with my own thoughts! Which can be difficult to get sometimes with two little girls under 3! hahaha.

This stamp really does make creating super easy as all the detail has been done for you, just a bit of colouring and because of it's size, you can really make a big impact.








Measurements

Thick Basic White Card Stock

1pc - 4 1/8" x 11 3/4", scored at 5 7/8"

Basic White Card Stock

1pc - 5 5/8 x 3 7/8"

Shaded Spruce Card Stock

1pc - Large Scrap

Melon Mambo Card Stock

1pc - Large Scrap

-----------------------------------------

Take the 5 5/8" x 3 7/8" piece of Basic White and stamp the large medallion image on to it in memento black. I used the stamparatus and positioned my stamp so that there was a point at the top and bottom and lined up my paper so that the stamp would sit across the width of the card, having a thin white border to the right. It's will over stamp towards the left as the stamp is too large for this size of card.

Once the ink is dry, colour it in - I have used a selection of blends for a bright image, but you could use watercolour pencils for a softer effect.

Now, trim down the card with straight lines all the way around, following the sides of the hexagonal stamped stamp. I used a pencil and a ruler to get it as even as I could before lining it up in my trimmer, but you could free hand cut if you were confident enough.

Add this to a piece of Shaded Spruce card stock, creating a green border along the points only, repeat this on a piece of Melon Mambo. I made it so that the points of Melon Mambo touched the top and bottom edges of the card base perfectly.

Fold the Thick Basic White card stock along the score line and add the medallion to the card front. Place the left hand side flush to the left edge of the base and line up your points too.

Finally ink up the sentiment from Cottage Rose in Basic Grey ink and stamp along two of the angles.

I hope you have enjoyed my project today, please take a look at the list below and continue through the hop - there will be lots and lots of inspiration and great crafting ideas

Blog Hop Index

Here's a list of supplies I used in today's project, click on the images to head over to my online store Product List




If you are on Facebook, why not pop over and check out our community group Craft & Banter. If you have a passion for paper craft, are brilliant at baking or a super talented seamstress then we would love to see you there. We share all types of crafting, run challenges and giveaways & generally have a right good natter.

See you soon 

Vickie 

Xxx


4 comments:

  1. The colors are beautiful. Gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love this card Vickie, love the bright colours x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is so beautiful. I've looked at this stamp but couldn't figure out how to use it. I'm going to give it another look after your inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

The Project Share Project - 25th April 2024

  Good Morning Everyone, Happy Thursday and welcome to The Project Share Project.  Every Thursday we will all share an individual blog post ...