Monday 12 September 2022

Hand Penned Petals Thank You Card. Creative Colour Challenges - #CCC54

 Good Morning Everyone

Happy Monday. I hope you all managed to have a lovely weekend.

As always, my Monday project is something I created for the brand new Creative Colour Challenges combo. I absolutely love this week's mix of Soft Succulent, Mango Melody & Gray Granite. 

I decided to use the Hand Penned Petals stamp set to create a very lovely Thank You card.






Measurements

Soft Succulent Card Stock

1pc - 4 1/8" x 11 3/4", scored at 5 7/8"

1pc - 3 3/8" x 2 7/8"

Basic White Card Stock

2pc - 5 5/8" x 3 7/8"

Gray Granite Card Stock

1pc - scrap

-------------------------------

Take the larger piece of Soft Succulent card stock and fold along the score line to create a card base.

Take one of the basic white pieces and cover it completely with the flower outline image, then go in and fill in the images with the coordinating stamps. the whole idea behind this set it to give a free hand or hand drawn effect so the in fill stamps don't always fit perfectly. I used 1st Generation stamping for the larger flower head and I used 2nd Generation (stamped off once) for the smaller flower. I added colour the the stems with my Gray Granite Stampin Blends. Add this to the card front

Stamp one of the images into the bottom right hand corner of the other piece of basic white and fill with colour too. Add this to the inside of the card.

Now, stamp another flower image onto a scrap of basic white and fill with colour, then fussy cut. Glue this to a scrap of Gray Granite and trim around the image leaving an even border round the edge.

Stamp the sentiment into the bottom left of the Soft Succulent piece in Soft Succulent ink and then add this to the centre of the card front.

Finally add the fussy cut flower to the centre of the soft succulent panel with dimensionals, popping a large pear into the centre of the full open flower.

I am really happy with how my card turned out, and how the background almost looks like a frame as the base and middle panel are the same colour. I hope you have enjoyed my card today.

If you would like more details on the challenge or would like to enter, pop on over to my blog Creative Colour Challenges

Here's a list of supplies I used in today's project, click on the images to head over to my online store Product List




If you are on Facebook, why not pop over and check out our community group Craft & Banter. If you have a passion for paper craft, are brilliant at baking or a super talented seamstress then we would love to see you there. We share all types of crafting, run challenges and giveaways & generally have a right good natter.

See you soon 

Vickie 

Xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Project Share Project - 18th April 2024

  Good Morning Everyone, Happy Thursday and welcome to The Project Share Project.  Every Thursday we will all share an individual blog post ...