Saturday 2 April 2022

Hope Your Day is on Point Cactus Cuties Double Z Fold Card. Stamping with Friends Retiring In Colours Blog Hop March 2022.

 Good Evening Everyone

Today I'm blog hopping with the Stamping with Friends ladies and we are all celebrating our 2020-2021 In Colours, which will sadly retire at the end of this month.

I love that we have this rotation of colours that work along our core colour collection and I'm usually pretty sad to see any leave, but these have been a firm favourite from day one and I will really miss them. That being said, it does mean we have some new colours to look forward to there is a silver lining, I suppose! haha.

As well as the retiring in colours, I have chosen to create my card entirely of Retiring products. It's a kind of nod to some of my favourite sets, and I think it all works really well.





Measurements

Cinnamon Cider Card Stock 

1pc - 11" x 4 1/4", scored at 2 3/4" & 5 1/2"

1pc - 10" x 2 3/4", scored at 4 3/4" & 7 1/2"

Basic White Card Stock

1pc - 5 1/4" x 4"

scraps

In Good Taste DSP

Hexagon Pattern

1pc - 5 1/4" x 4"

2pc - 2 1/2" x 4"

Wood Pattern

1pc - 2 1/2" x 2 1/2"

1pc - 4 1/2" x 2 1/2"

1pc - 2 1/4" x 2 1/2"

Fold and burnish both pieces of Cinnamon Cider card stock, making sure you create a Z shape ( fold in half and then back on itself).

Now add all the DSP  and white card to the bases. Put the basic white onto the back of the card, and then you will find that all the rest just fit in one place so it's pretty easy to find their homes. 

Adhere the smaller z fold to the larger one, the larger piece has the bigger back panel to the right, the smaller piece leads with the larger panel. Add liquid glue to the back of the smallest panel on the small z fold piece and adhere to the centre of the larger back panel.

Now, fold all the pieces down, don't worry some to the edges will overlap - then add adhesive to the front piece of the smaller z, making sure you only add adhesive to the section that will be stuck to the other piece, otherwise you will just make a mess and stick it all closed!!

On Scraps of basic white stamp a section of Cacti in Just Jade and plant pots in Cinnamon Cider, use the cactus builder punch and fussy cut all the elements out. Cut out some of the flowers in scraps of polished pink. Adhere all the pieces together to create three pants in pots.

Stamp the sentiment in Misty Moonlight onto another scrap of basic white and cut out using the tailored tag punch, also cut a shape in bumblebee card stock. Cut the bumblebee shape in half horizontally and adhere behind the sentiment, giving an even border of colour at the top and bottom.

Now take all these pieces and arrange on the central panel which is covered with the wood effect DSP. 

I hope you enjoyed my card today, It would be amazing if you could continue through the hop and check out all the other creators and see how they have used our retiring colours. Libby is up next, click the image below to head on over to her blog.



Roll Call

Here's a list of supplies I used in today's project, click on the images to head over to my online store Product List





Do get in touch if you would like to see a copy of our Annual Catalogue and new Mini Catalogue - let me know if you would like me to get them or both in the post for you.




If you are on Facebook, why not pop over and check out our community group Craft & Banter. If you have a passion for paper craft, are brilliant at baking or a super talented seamstress then we would love to see you there. We share all types of crafting, run challenges and giveaways & generally have a right good natter.

See you soon 

Vickie 

Xxx

8 comments:

  1. Love this card, it's so cute! You know, I bought two packages of the In Good Taste Designer Series Paper when it first came out, because it's so fabulous...but I guess I got distracted because I hardly used any of it! Yikes. Oh well, it's one of those great packs of paper you can use forever. Thanks for sharing, especially the handy measurements :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you xx I will be very sad to see the In Goof Taste retire, I do use it quite a bit for backgrounds, but I still have tonnes left too xx

      Delete
  2. I love the Cactus Cuties! Great way to show off the retiring colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this fancy fold card. I haven't made this fold for ages, so thanks for the gorgeous reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this card - great fold, and a great use of the DSP too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning card Vickie, love everything about it x

    ReplyDelete

The Project Share Project - 28th March 2024

  Good Morning Everyone, Happy Thursday and welcome to The Project Share Project.  Every Thursday we will all share an individual blog post ...