Monday 12 November 2018

Decorated MDF Star Christmas Decorations. Number 57 of #100things

Good Evening Everyone,

It's Monday Again... I just don't know where the weekend goes - it was an extra special weekend as I celebrated my Birthday yesterday. I have been spoiled rotten by friends and family and I am so grateful.

Here's my project for today... it's a Christmas decoration which is so easy to put together and looks beautiful..



These really couldn't be easier to make, and you can use a variety of papers and stamps to create the perfect decoration to suit your décor!!

I bought these MDF star shapes from Amazon, a pack of ten was a few pounds and came with the hanging twine.


Add a layer of Mod Podge onto the MDF shape then lay down your DSP over the top. I used a square piece slightly larger then trimmed it down - I found this easier than trying to measure accurately. Brush a layer of Mod Podge over the DSP and set to one side to dry.

Once dry, take your snips and cut carefully around the shape and using a sharp pointed tool (paper piercer works well) push through the paper where the hole is, repeat this process for the other side. 

On scraps stamp a sentiment or images. I used the reindeer from Cookie Cutter Christmas and added a red nose and coloured it in with wink of stella, on the second I stamped a sentiment and layered it on to a piece of coordinating cardstock. Add these to the stars with dimensionals.

Thread the twine that come with the MDF shapes a tie in a knot.

Here's a list of the supplies I used today, click on the images to head over to my online store.
Product List

Thanks for stopping by today, I hope you enjoyed the project - Click on the follow button or subscribe to my blog, if you do not want to miss out on any future posts.

See you Soon

Vickie
 xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Project Share Project - 25th April 2024

  Good Morning Everyone, Happy Thursday and welcome to The Project Share Project.  Every Thursday we will all share an individual blog post ...