Wednesday 15 November 2023

Hello Ladybug Bold Bouquet Birthday Card

 Good Afternoon Everyone,

I hope you are all well?

As a demo, I recently got a chance to take a look at the New Mini Catalogue which goes live to the General Public in January. Being a Demo allows us the perk of being able to pre order a little ahead of time in December - which I cannot wait for - there's so so so many gorgeous things coming folks. 

But it got me thinking about what I already have on the shelf from the annual catalogue and after a glance, I noticed there were a few sets which I seem to have neglected recently and the Hello Ladybug is one of them. I think this set along with the coordinating punch is adorable so I needed to make something with it!

I wanted a nice fresh scenic kind of card, and with the help of some from my blending brushes and this fabulous stamp set I think I achieved it. The sentiments in this set are quite small, so I used the Happy Birthday from Bold Bouquet.

What do you think?


Insert


Measurements

Thick Basic White Card Stock

1pc - 4 1/8" x 11 3/4", scored at 5 7/8"

Basic White Card Stock

1pc - 3 3/8" x 5 1/8"

scrap

Boho Blue Card Stock

1pc - 3 1/2" x 5 1/4"

scrap

Basic Black Card Stock

scrap

---------------------------------------------

Using your blending brushes and Boho Blue ink and Mossy Meadow ink 'Colour in' the smaller piece of Basic White. I did a very quick brush over as I wanted some of the white to show through - I wasn't after a solid finish. 

Once you are happy with the blending, stamp the leaves and the flowers towards the bottom, over the Mossy Meadow blending. I used first and second generation stamping to give a few various shades. The Yellow daisy was stamped twice, offset slightly the second time to give a fuller flower head.

Now add the sentiment from Bold Bouquet towards the top in Mossy Meadow ink.

Add a couple of Dragonflies that you have cut using the Dragonflies punch and some scrap Boho Blue card stock.

Layer this to the Boho Blue card piece and add to the centre of the card front which you make by taking the thick Basic White card stock and fold along the score line.

On a scrap of Basic White stamp the Ladybug wings in Real Red and add it's spot with memento, then using the Ladybug Builder Punch cut it out. Also cut out a Body shape in Basic Black. Adhere the wings to the body and then attach this to the card using dimensionals.

I hope you liked my card today - I really enjoyed creating a scene with my stamps and I think this makes a really pretty Birthday card to give someone.

Here's a list of supplies I used in today's project, click on the images to head over to my online store Product List

 





If you are on Facebook, why not pop over and check out our community group Craft & Banter. If you have a passion for paper craft, are brilliant at baking or a super talented seamstress then we would love to see you there. We share all types of crafting, run challenges and giveaways & generally have a right good natter.

See you soon 

Vickie 

Xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Project Share Project - 9th May 2024

  Good Morning Everyone, Happy Thursday and welcome to The Project Share Project.  Every Thursday we will all share an individual blog post ...