Wednesday 12 July 2023

Circle Sayings Celebrate with Cupcakes Card. Touches of Ink Blog Hop. July 2023

 Good Evening Everyone

Today I'm taking part in the Touches of Ink monthly blog hop. We don't have a set theme as such, but we are encouraged to focus on a suite of bundle when creating.

I've made a very sweet card using the Circle Saying Bundle. As soon as I saw this in the Catalogue I knew I needed it - It's full of lovely sentiments and cute images that you can use with the 2 3/8" circle punch. A very Versatile set.

It's been a while since I used my watercolour pencils - so I thought this was the perfect opportunity and design - that cupcake was just asking to be stamped many times and coloured in! haha






Measurements

Night of Navy Card Stock

1pc - 5 7/8" x 8 1/4", scored at 4 1/8"

1pc - scrap

Basic White Card Stock

2pc - 3 7/8" x 5 5/8"

Vellum

1pc - 1 1/2" x 4 1/2" approx

--------------------------------------------

Take the Night of Navy card stock and fold along the score line, add one of the basic white pieces to the inside.

Ink up the cupcake image with memento black ink and cover the remaining piece of basic white.

Once the ink is dry, set to work colouring in the images. I used Early Espresso, Night of Navy, Balmy Blue, Flirty Flamingo and Melon Mambo pencils.

Take the strip of vellum and lightly add some night of navy to the edges using a blending brush. Wait until the ink is fully dried.

Lay this piece of vellum over the cupcake background and fold it over the top and bottom of the panel, securing on the back with tape. I find that once you fold it, if you burnish with a bone folder, you will get a more flush finish.

Add these piece to the card front.

On a scrap of Night of Navy card stock stamp the celebrate circle and add the cupcake image in the centre using versamark ink. Heat emboss using white embossing powder, then cut out using the 2 3/8" circle punch.

Pop some dimensionals onto the back and add to the card front, over the vellum.

I hope you have enjoyed my project today - I absolutely loved sitting and colouring in all the cupcakes - I find it so relaxing! This card design is perfect as a template for a variety of colour combinations too.

Please continue through the hop to get lots more inspiration from my fellow Stampin Up demonstrator friends. Simone is up next, pop and see her first!

  1. Simone Kleine - derdiedasKleine bastelt

  2. Iris Philipps - iriStempelt

  3. Liane Gorny - Jungle Cards

  4. Katja Martins - Stempelpfau 

  5. Vickie Littlewood - Vickie Lou Designs (UK)

Here's a list of supplies I used in today's project, click on the images to head over to my online store 

Product List





If you are on Facebook, why not pop over and check out our community group Craft & Banter. If you have a passion for paper craft, are brilliant at baking or a super talented seamstress then we would love to see you there. We share all types of crafting, run challenges and giveaways & generally have a right good natter.

See you soon 

Vickie 

Xxx

3 comments:

  1. Hi Vickie, I love the Circle Saying Bundle sooo much and your card is amazing. Thanks for showing. Have a nice Day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool idea to repeat the cupcake in the background!
    Thanks for joining us again!
    Greetings from Germany
    Simone

    ReplyDelete
  3. great card, I like the embossed greeting very much

    ReplyDelete

Happy Little Things Clean & Simple Celebrate Card. Touches of Ink May 2024 Blog Hop

  Good Evening Everyone, Today i'm blog hopping with the fabulous Touches of Ink ladies. I've decided to showcase a super quick card...