Thursday 20 July 2023

Bold Bouquet Inked Botanicals Hello Friend Card.

 Good Morning Everyone

I hope you are all well.

Today I've been playing around with the Bold Bouquet Stamp Set and the Inked Botanicals DSP. Now, these aren't in the same suite I thought they would work. If you look closely at the large mat layer I have used for the background you will notice tiny Calypso Coral and Crushed Curry Flowers. Now i'm not 100% sure what these flowers are, but the pointy petals felt reminiscent of the smaller flower in Bold Bouquet and I just went from there! 



Measurements

Pecan Pie Card Stock

1pc - 5 7/8" x 8 1/4", scored at 4 1/8"

Very Vanilla Card Stock

1pc - 5 5/8" x 3 7/8"

scraps

Inked Botanicals DSP

1pc - 5 5/8" x 3 7/8"

4pc - 1/2" strips

------------------------------------------------------

Take the Pecan Pie card stock and fold along the score line to create your card base. 

Add a strip of the DSP to the right hand side of the Very Vanilla cardstock and add to the inside of the card.

Arrange the three remaining strips of DSP over the larger piece of DSP towards the left, trying to leave even gaps between. Trim off any overhanging DSP and make sure they are all flush with the piece below.

Pop this onto the card front.

On scraps of Very Vanilla stamp the sentiments, I used both Calypso Coral and Crushed Curry Ink. Cut out using the lasting label punch, keeping the sentiment over to the right hand side.

On some more scraps of Very Vanilla stamp the flowers and leaves. I used Lost Lagoon for the leaves, Calypso coral for the large flower and Crushed curry for the smaller flower. I used first generation stamping for the outline, then 2nd generation (stamped off onto crap once first) for the solid in fill stamps. I fussy cut all my images as I didn't want a border, but you could run these through your Cut & Emboss machine with the coordinating dies.

Now, stick down the label onto the front of the card - place it centrally in the larger section of DSP to the right, then to the left add the flowers and leaves. I used both dimensionals and liquid glue to adhere these down to give different heights and a bit of extra interest.

Here's a list of supplies I used in today's project, click on the images to head over to my online store Product List

 



If you are on Facebook, why not pop over and check out our community group Craft & Banter. If you have a passion for paper craft, are brilliant at baking or a super talented seamstress then we would love to see you there. We share all types of crafting, run challenges and giveaways & generally have a right good natter.

See you soon 

Vickie 

Xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Little Things Clean & Simple Celebrate Card. Touches of Ink May 2024 Blog Hop

  Good Evening Everyone, Today i'm blog hopping with the fabulous Touches of Ink ladies. I've decided to showcase a super quick card...