Wednesday 12 April 2023

Perfectly Detailed Lidded Gift Box

 Good Afternoon Everyone

I hope you are all well.

Today I wanted to share this project I made using the Perfectly Detailed stamp. It's a huge background stamp in the Mini Catalogue - but will carry over into the new Annual - Hooray! I love everything about this stamp - the detail, the size and of course the fact that I can colour it in! I absolutely LOVE to colour!

So, this box measures 4 1/2" x 5 3/4" x 1 1/2" and Was specifically made around the stamped image! maybe a little crazy, but I thought that in this instance I didn't want to cover any of it up with sentiments etc, so here we are!




Measurements

Balmy Blue Card Stock

1pc - 8 3/4" x 7 1/2"

Basic Black Card Stock

1pc - 7 3/4" x 6 1/2"

Basic White Card Stock

1pc - 4 3/8" x 5 5/8"

------------------------------

Stamp the Perfectly Detailed stamp and stamp into the centre of the Basic White card stock. As this is a red rubber stamp, i found it easier to cut my white card slightly larger and then trim down just in case I stamped it slightly off.

Once the ink has dried, colour in with a selection of Blends. I went to town with a huge selection, but you could honestly colour any way you choose.

Pop to one side whilst you create the box

Take the Balmy Blue card stock and score at 1 1/2" on all four sides. Fold and burnish the score lines well and the cut into the squares around the edge to create tabs.



Now, take the Basic Black card stock and score on all four sides at 1 1/2", moving it away from the edge of the simply score a teeny tiny bit - this helps the lid fit neater. Fold and burnish all the score lines and, again create tabs by cutting into all the squares around the edge.



Bring the stamped panel back and glue to the centre of the basic black piece.

Add tear and tape to the tabs on the Balmy Blue & Basic Black card stock. Fold all these in to adhere to the straight rectangle sides to create both the base and the lid.

Here's a list of supplies I used in today's project, click on the images to head over to my online store Product List




If you are on Facebook, why not pop over and check out our community group Craft & Banter. If you have a passion for paper craft, are brilliant at baking or a super talented seamstress then we would love to see you there. We share all types of crafting, run challenges and giveaways & generally have a right good natter.

See you soon 

Vickie 

Xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Holding You Close Enduring Beauty Greeting Card.

  Good Afternoon Everyone, I'm using the Enduring Beauty bundle again - I just cannot put it down! But today I'm showing you a reall...