Monday 19 August 2024

Sentimental Thanks CAS Thanks Card. CAS Colours & Sketches #542

 Good Evening Everyone,

Today I'm taking part in the current CAS Colours & Sketches challenges and this one is a colour challenge. I absolutely love this colour combination and couldn't wait to jump in and have a play!

I decided to use the three colours to create a blended strip of colour over my card, then added some details with an outline flower stamp.

I love how this turned out, I was simple to create and I think it looks rather striking, what do you think?






Measurements

Thick Basic White Card Stock

1pc - 4 1/8"x 11 3/4", scored at 5 7/8"

Basic White Card Stock

1pc - 4" x 5 3/4"

----------------------------------------------

Take the Thick Basic White card stock and fold along the score line to create your card base.

Using some Post-It notes or some masking tape mark out a strip about 2" wide diagonally across the 4" x 5 3/4" piece of Basic White. Now load up your blending brushes and 'colour' inside the Masked area. I used Boho Blue, Calypso Coral then Melon Mambo making sure I added lots of ink and blended well between the colours - which then gave me an extra two colours! 

Ink up the outline flower image in memento Tuxedo Black ink and cover the blended area with it. 

Once you have filled all the space, carefully remove the masking tape / Post-It notes to reveal a clean and crisp panel.

Stamp the Thanks sentiment into the top right corner with Memento Ink and then add this panel to the card front.

This was a super easy card to make and I think works well with these three colours, but would look equally fabulous in many other combinations - which I'm hoping to try out soon.

If you would like to know more about the CAS Colours & Sketches challenge and how it works, then head over to their blog - https://cascoloursandsketches.blogspot.com/


Here's a list of supplies I used in today's project, click on the images to head over to my online store Product List

 










If you are on Facebook, why not pop over and check out our community group Craft & Banter. If you have a passion for paper craft, are brilliant at baking or a super talented seamstress then we would love to see you there. We share all types of crafting, run challenges and giveaways & generally have a right good natter.

See you soon 

Vickie 

Xxx


1 comment:

  1. Oh that's such a gorgeous panel Vicki - beautiful blending! Thanks for playing along with my colours at CAS C&S

    ReplyDelete

Creative Colour Challenges - #158

   Good AfternoonEveryone, Happy Monday! I know this is a little late, I had a tricky time getting two little kiddies down to bed last night...