Sunday 11 August 2024

Happiest Day Birthday Card. Creative Colour Challenges #153

 Good Morning Everyone,

Today I'm taking part in my own colour challenge. I run Creative Colour Challenges, which is a fun weekly colour challenge, where you are given three Stampin Up colours (although you can use a similar colour from other brands if you'd prefer).

This is for #153 which ends today - yep, I'm super late with my entry this week. But I still wanted to get a card made as I absolutely love this combination.

I've used the Happiest Days stamp set to create a fun stamped panel, finished with a few dragonflies and a layered sentiment.

What do you think?







Measurements

Basic Black Card Stock

1pc - 4 1/8" x 11 3/4", scored at 5 7/8"

1pc - 1 5/8" x 2"

Basic White card Stock

1pc - 5 5/8"x 3 7/8"

1pc - 5 5/8" x 2 1/4"

1pc - 1 3/8" x 1 3/4"

Lemon Lolly Card Stock

1pc - 1 7/8" x 2 1/4"

------------------------------------------

Take the Basic Black card stock and fold along the score line to create your card base, adding the largest basic white piece to the inside.

On the 2 1/4" strip of Basic white stamp a selection of the smaller element stamps to create your own patterned paper swatch. Once happy, add to the card front over to the right hand side, making sure you have even borders around the top, bottom and right hand.

Stamp your sentiment onto the 1 3/8" x 1 3/4" piece of basic white in Memento black ink and layer onto the black mat and then to the Lemon Lolly piece. Pop some dimensionals onto the back and add halfway up the card over to the left, so you cover both the black and the stamped panel.

Ink up the dragonfly outline image and stamp three times onto some scrap of basic white, use the in fill solid images to 'colour' them in and then fussy cut.

Arrange these around the card front, trying to evenly space them across the space.

I really enjoyed creating this card today, I love how the black works with the more subtle colour palette.

If you would like more details on how the challenge works, or to take a look at the other entries, head on over to my blog - Creative Colour Challenges



Here's a list of supplies I used in today's project, click on the images to head over to my online store Product List

 










If you are on Facebook, why not pop over and check out our community group Craft & Banter. If you have a passion for paper craft, are brilliant at baking or a super talented seamstress then we would love to see you there. We share all types of crafting, run challenges and giveaways & generally have a right good natter.

See you soon 

Vickie 

Xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Colour Challenges - #158

   Good AfternoonEveryone, Happy Monday! I know this is a little late, I had a tricky time getting two little kiddies down to bed last night...