Thursday 22 August 2024

Celebrating You Today Card using Beside Me Stamp Set. Ink & Inspiration Blog Hop. August 2024.

 Good Evening Everyone,

Today I'm taking part in the Ink & Inspirations Blog Hop. We have a fabulous colour combination to work with and although I absolutely love these colours - I did struggle at first with a concept. I wasn't sure I would be able to use the picture as inspiration so I just focused on the colours. But in hindsight, I can kind of see a family heading to the park with a picnic and then a father helping his some ride his bike? So, maybe the picture did give me some inspo!

Unsure as to how these colours would become a project I took all the cardstock in these colours and laid them out in front of me. I store them in Pouches - A4 along with the scraps at the front, and that's where the idea for my background came from - I had thin strips of all these colours!

Having that sorted, I reached for the Beside Me stamp set and thought I could colour in the clothing and bike in a selection of these colours and, I am absolutely thrilled at how it turned out! 

what do you think?








Measurements

Blueberry Bushel

1pc - 4 1/8" x 11 3/4", scored at 5 7/8"

scrap

Basic White Card Stock

2pc - 3 7/8" x 5 5/8"

1pc - 2 1/8" x 3 7/8"

Pecan Pie Card Stock

scrap

Peach Pie Card Stock

scrap

Garden Green Card Stock

scrap

Granny Apple Green Card Stock

scrap

Gray Granite Card Stock

scrap

------------------------------------------

Take the Blueberry Bushel card stock and fold along the score line to create your card base, adding one of the larger Basic White pieces to the inside.

Lay down the remaining larger piece of Basic White in front of you, then add strips of the above coloured card stock to cover it. I used liquid glue to give me a little 'wiggle' room and time to adjust the pieces as I wanted then the butt up to each other with no gaps. Once the piece is fully covered, trim off the edges so that the strips are flush with the card below. Then add this to the card front.

Ink up the image in memento and add to the 2 1/8" x 3 7/8" piece of Basic White, towards the top, then add the sentiment beneath it. Once your ink is dry, colour in with Stampin Blends. I used my ink pad and a blender pen to colour in the kids shirt as we don't have a Garden Green Stampin Blend.

Add this to the centre of the card front.

Super quick, super easy and super satisfying to use up some scraps! I loved creating this card. 

Please take a few minutes to check out all the other participants and see how they have used these colours and inspiration picture today.

Blog Hop Index

Here's a list of supplies I used in today's project, click on the images to head over to my online store Product List

 










If you are on Facebook, why not pop over and check out our community group Craft & Banter. If you have a passion for paper craft, are brilliant at baking or a super talented seamstress then we would love to see you there. We share all types of crafting, run challenges and giveaways & generally have a right good natter.

See you soon 

Vickie 

Xxx


3 comments:

  1. Love your card! Great stamp set for these colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Vickie, love the striped background x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The background is agreat way to use up spare stips of card. I hope they enjoy their picnic!

    ReplyDelete

Creative Colour Challenges - #158

   Good AfternoonEveryone, Happy Monday! I know this is a little late, I had a tricky time getting two little kiddies down to bed last night...