Friday 12 July 2024

Sketched Butterflies Monochrome Birthday Card. Monochromatic Insta Hop - Crumb Cake

 Good Afternoon Everyone,

It's Friday, so that means we have our Monochromatic Insta Hop and this week's colour is Crumb Cake. I LOVE this shade and it's a colour I use often, a really great shade and a must have in your stash.

I decided on creating quite a dramatic background. I used a 3D basic embossing folder and then I used my Crumb Cake ink in lots of different ways. Firstly I used the whole of my ink pad upside down and lightly glided it over the raised areas of the panel, then i gently 'dabbed' it all over whcih created these fab sections of more saturated colour - finally I used a blending brush to put a lighter covering over some areas. I love how this turned out! What do you think?






Measurements

Crumb Cake Card Stock

1pc - 5 7/8" x 8 1/4" scored at 4 1/8"

1pc - 2 3/8" x 2 7/8"

Very Vanilla Card Stock

2pc - 5 5/8" x 3 7/8"

1pc - 2 1/4" x 2 3/4"

scrap

--------------------------------------------

Take the Crumb Cake card stock and fold along the score line to create your card base. Add one of the Very Vanilla Pieces to the inside.

Bring out your Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine and the criss cross embossing folder from the 3D Basic Embossing Folder pack and run the remaining piece of Very Vanilla through the machine inside your folder.

Take your ink pad and lightly 'drag' it over the raised areas.

Now, gently dab the ink pad onto the panel all over, adding darker sections of colour.

Using a blending Brush, add some more ink, slightly lighter in patches.

Add this panel to the card front.

Ink up the Butterfly image and sentiment and stamp onto the remaining piece of Very Vanilla. Layer this to the crumb cake panel and add tot he centre of the card.

Stamp the Butterfly image again onto a scrap of Very Vanilla and cut out with the coordinating die. add a mini dimensional to the body and add directly over the image on the stamped panel, then light lift the wings to give a 3D effect.

I hope you have enjoyed my card today - I loved making it. If you have a minute or two, head over to my Instagram page to check out all the projects in today's hop - Vickie Lou Designs - Monochromatic Hop


Here's a list of supplies I used in today's project, click on the images to head over to my online store Product List

  










If you are on Facebook, why not pop over and check out our community group Craft & Banter. If you have a passion for paper craft, are brilliant at baking or a super talented seamstress then we would love to see you there. We share all types of crafting, run challenges and giveaways & generally have a right good natter.

See you soon 

Vickie 

Xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks Friend Labeled with Love Butterfly Card. The Project Share Embossing Blog Hop. September 2024

  Good Morning Everyone, Happy Saturday! Today I'm taking part in this month's The Project Share Blog Hop and our theme is Embossing...