Thursday 25 July 2024

Labelled with Love Happy Birthday Card. IIBH July 2024 - Colour Inspiration

 Good Evening Everyone,

Today I'm taking Part in the Ink & Inspiration Blog Hop. I've been struggling with Quality craft time recently and have't managed to join in with as many challenges and hops as I would have liked, but I had the hard word with myself and made sure I joined in with this month's hop as its a colour challenge and these colours are awesome together. That being said, it did take me some time to figure out how to incorporate Coastal Cabana into the mix.  You don't have to use all the colours, but me being me, I like to take the most difficult route when doing ANYTHING haha.

I've created my own DSP with the Labeled with Love stamp set which uses all the colour other than Coastal Cabana, which I then decided to use as the Card Base.

What do you think?




Measurements

Coastal Cabana Card Stock

1pc - 4 1/8" x 11 3/4", scored at 5 7/8"

scrap

Basic White Card Stock

2pc - 5 1/2" x 3 3/4"

scrap

----------------------------------------------------

Take the Coastal Cabana Card Stock and fold along the score line to create your card base - adding one of the basic White pieces to the inside.

Ink up the small image with the shapes on from Labelled with Love and stamp all around the edge of the card front in Coastal Cabana ink.

On the remaining piece of Basic White create your own DSP background using the small floral image, made up from the flower and leaf stamps. To get a mix to the colours I stamped some of the leaf images in Garden Green and some in Old Olive, I also used a mix of Daffodil Delight, Calypso Coral and Cherry Cobbler from the flowers. If you look closely to the bottom right, you will see an orangey tone - this is because I didn't clean my stamp off properly before moving onto another colour - a happy mistake - I think? haha

Add this panel to the card front.

On a scrap of Basic white stamp the outline border image and the sentiment in Memento black ink. Cut out using the coordinating punch or die. Then take your Stampin Write Basic Black marker and colour the edges of the cut out taking it to the inner most line, this gives the cut out a thick even border, without adding lots of layers from card stock.

Cut out another label shape, this time from a scrap of Coastal Cabana, then cut in half, glue these two pieces to either end of the label, making sure that each side shows evenly.

Position this on the card front and stick down with a couple of dimensionals.

I hope you have enjoyed my card today - I really didn't think I'd manage it - but my persistence or stubbornness - you decide - made a pretty little card.

Please take a look at the list below and continue through today's hop, you are sure to get so much inspiration from these wonderful crafters using these colours.

Blog Hop Index





Here's a list of supplies I used in today's project, click on the images to head over to my online store Product List

 










If you are on Facebook, why not pop over and check out our community group Craft & Banter. If you have a passion for paper craft, are brilliant at baking or a super talented seamstress then we would love to see you there. We share all types of crafting, run challenges and giveaways & generally have a right good natter.

See you soon 

Vickie 

Xxx


3 comments:

Thanks Friend Labeled with Love Butterfly Card. The Project Share Embossing Blog Hop. September 2024

  Good Morning Everyone, Happy Saturday! Today I'm taking part in this month's The Project Share Blog Hop and our theme is Embossing...