Tuesday 15 August 2023

Thanks to You Vertical Blooms Enchanted Butterfly Card. Just Add Ink #665 - Clean & Simple

 Good Evening Everyone!

As I've mentioned before my Mojo was on Vacation Mode for some time, but I've been working on a few projects and getting going again. 

I follow a couple of ladies who week in week out create for lots of different papercrafting challenges, so I decided that I would go and check some of them out.

Today's card is for Just Add Ink who do a weekly challenge - these can be colours, themes or a selection of elements to use and there's lots of inspiration from the Design Team. This week's Challenge Was Clean & Simple. It's a concept I struggle with and i find it difficult sometime to 'Leave it' haha. I've used the Enchanted Butterfly & Vertical Blooms stamp sets and created an ink blended background.

what do you think?




Measurements

Basic Black Card Stock

1pc - 4 1/8" x 11 3/4", scored at 5 7/8"

Basic White Card Stock

2pc - 3 7/8" x 5 5/8"

1pc - scrap

--------------------------------------------------------------

Take the Basic Black Card stock and fold along the score line to create your card base. Add one of the Basic White to the inside.

Place the remaining piece of basic white in front of you and mask off a section approx 1 3/4". I positioned some large post it notes, (I would have used the Stampin Up Masking Paper but I seem to have run out!) about 1/4" inch from the left.

Now, using some Blending Brushes add ink to the space in between the post it notes. I used three colours - Sweet Sorbet (bottom), Pumpkin Pie (centre) & Daffodil Delight (top).  Different people have different methods when it comes to blending colours, but this is how i find it easiest for me - 

Visualise the masked off section into thirds and add Sweet Sorbet to the bottom, using a very light touch towards the 1/3 marker, Then add daffodil Delight to the top 1/3, again, making sure that a light touch is used blending into the card. Then add some Pumpkin Pie to the centre. This gives and idea of where I need to blend. Then start to add some more sweet sorbet and pumpkin pie ink, blend well to leave no join line between the colours - repeat this with the pumpkin pie and daffodil delight. 

I suggest you take your time with this and slowly build and blend the colour, layering up the ink and depth of colour - it can seem a little faffy, but you can always add more ink - it's hard to take it back or blend properly if you go in too heavy handed at first. This image is where I "marked out" my areas....


Then here you can see how I've blended them all together so that you can't see as much of an obvious split. This picture is when it is still "wet" once it drys completely the colours will even out as you can see on the final card image.



Once the ink is fully dried, remove the post it notes - remember you will have applied a lot of ink to this card and it will need time to fully dry otherwise you won't be able to achieve nice crisp black images - Stamp the Three Butterfly images in Memento down the blending ink strip, letting some of the images go over the edge is fine!

On a scrap stamp the sentiment from Vertical Blooms in Memento and trim. Then Take the card and very lightly tap it onto the ink pad so you are effectively colouring the sides of the card. I found this the easiest way to add the thinnest of borders around the sentiment add to the panel, towards the right with a bit of liquid glue. You could just stamp directly onto the white space, but I had spent so much time getting my blending right, I didn't want to ruin it with a miss stamp of the sentiment ! haha.

Add this panel to the card front and you are done! 

I absolutely Love how this card turned out - like I said earlier, I sometimes struggle with Clean & Simple as I always thing my attempts look unfinished. I'm glad to say that I'm thrilled with the finished results here.

Here's a list of supplies I used in today's project, click on the images to head over to my online store Product List

 




If you are on Facebook, why not pop over and check out our community group Craft & Banter. If you have a passion for paper craft, are brilliant at baking or a super talented seamstress then we would love to see you there. We share all types of crafting, run challenges and giveaways & generally have a right good natter.

See you soon 

Vickie 

Xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Project Share Project - 9th May 2024

  Good Morning Everyone, Happy Thursday and welcome to The Project Share Project.  Every Thursday we will all share an individual blog post ...