Wednesday 23 August 2023

Handmade Hugs You're the Best Greeting Card. Creative Colour Challenges - #CCC103

 Good Afternoon Everyone,

Today I'm taking part in Creative Colour Challenges #CC103. This week's combination is absolutely gorgeous, and not usually my style so It definitely made me think!

I've used the Handmade Hugs stamp Set  to create a lovely background and coordinating Handmade Hugs Punch to create a sentiment piece, varying the punch outs to create more interest.

What do you think?





Measurements

Boho Blue Card Stock

1pc - 4 1/8" x 11 3/4" , scored at 5 7/8"

1pc - scrap

Basic White Card Stock

2pc - 5 5/8" x 3 7/8"

1pc - scrap

Pretty Peacock Card Stock

1pc - scrap

------------------------------------------------------

Take the Boho Blue and stock and fold along the score line tot create your card base, adding one of the Basic White pieces to the inside.

Ink up the detailed image from Handmade Hugs stamp set in Pretty Peacock and cover the remaining piece of Basic White, creating your own pretty  patterned 'paper'. Once the ink is dry - very carefully colour in the images with Pretty Peacock & Tahitian Tide. I used my ink pads and a blender pen for this, as I don't have any of the Blends, but you could use blends or your Stampin' Write markers if you would prefer.

Add this panel to the card front.

On a scrap of Basic White stamp the smaller flourish image in Pretty Peacock ink and once dry colour in using the same method as above. Stamp the sentiment into the centre.

Bring in your Handmade Hugs Punch and cut out the image, lining it up as well as you can in the punch. Trim off the blank space above and below to create a thin label type strip. Cut out a Boho Blue Handmade Hug shape and adhere these together - being careful to line up the white piece perfectly to the boho Blue shape below. Now cut a Pretty Peacock Tag shape and cut this in half, then find the right side it fits to and adhere this behind the Boho Blue, making sure you leave a nice even trim of colour, repeat this for the opposite corner.  You may find when you look close that some of the Peacock card is sticking out and looks a little out of place - I just took my snips and trimmed these little bits so that it was all flush.

Add this to the card front with a few dimensionals. 

I hope you have enjoyed my card today - I loved playing around with this colour combination. If you would like more details on how the challenge works or have a project to enter, then head over to my blog - Creative Colour Challenges - I would love to see all your creations.

Here's a list of supplies I used in today's project, click on the images to head over to my online store Product List

 




If you are on Facebook, why not pop over and check out our community group Craft & Banter. If you have a passion for paper craft, are brilliant at baking or a super talented seamstress then we would love to see you there. We share all types of crafting, run challenges and giveaways & generally have a right good natter.

See you soon 

Vickie 

Xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Little Things Clean & Simple Celebrate Card. Touches of Ink May 2024 Blog Hop

  Good Evening Everyone, Today i'm blog hopping with the fabulous Touches of Ink ladies. I've decided to showcase a super quick card...