Sunday 6 August 2023

Enchanted Butterfly Charming Sentiments Birthday Card. Creative Colour Challenges - #CCC100

 Good Morning Everyone

So Sorry that I've been absent for a little while, life just took over and left little time to create. I did manage to find a small pocket of time yesterday to have a little play around with my stash and I've created a project for this week's Creative Colour Challenges - #CCC100.

I still can't quite believe that we are at number 100 already - it really doesn't seem like two minutes ago when I had the idea and was chatting to Donna & Karen (We talk about everything- the Good, the Bad and the Ugly!! haha) to see what they thought and fine tune the details.

I am so thankful that I've had the support of those who join in every week, those who join in occasionally and to everyone who likes, comments and generally just supports myself and those creating. So here's a HUGE thank You.The craft world is an amazing community and I love being a part of it. 

So, with it being a milestone combo, I couldn't not join in right? I'll be honest, I kinda struggled with this mix at first - it's really not my usual style at all. But I persisted and using the Enchanted Butterfly & Charming Sentiments Stamp Sets I came up with this - What do you think?





Measurements

Petal Pink Card Stock

1pc - 4 1/8" x 11 3/4", scored at 5 7/8"

1pc - scrap

Basic White Card Stock

1pc - 5 5/8" x 3 7/8"

1pc - 2 3/4" x 2 3/8"

1pc - 5 7/8" x 2 3/4"

1pc - scrap

Pecan Pie Card Stock

2pc - 1/2" x 5 7/8"

1pc - 2 7/8" x 2 1/2"

1pc - scrap

--------------------------------------------

Take the Petal Pink card stock and fold along the score line to create your card base. Ink up the line of circles in Petal Pink ink and stamp a line down the left hand side as close to the edge as possible. 

Add the largest piece of Basic White Card stock to the inside.

Using the two butterflies and the dotty circle image, create your own 'DSP' strip on the 2 3/4" x 5 7/8" of Basic White. This stamp set is brilliant, as you can use one stamp image to create the detail outline and then flip it over and use the reverse to stamp the solid in fill image. This only works on the symmetrical images thought, so all of then expect the butterfly that I have used with Pecan Pie. To add some colour to the inside of the outlines I just took my Blender pen and very gently went over the stamped lines and 'pulled' some of the colour onto the rest of the image.

Add the 1/2" strips to either side of this stamped panel - I found 1/2" gave enough space to give a nice border and enough to secure the card - without using lots of Pecan Pie Card. And as a bonus, i had these strips in my scraps pile already!

Adhere this panel to the card front, right up against the stamped line of circle on the left of the card front.

Ink up the circle strip again, but this time in Pecan Pie, using second generation stamping (stamp off once first) and cover the remaining piece of Basic White. I offset the lines so that there was very little white space. 

Layer this to the remaining piece of Pecan Pie.

On a scrap of Petal Pink stamp the flower in Misty Moonlight and fussy cut.

Adhere this to the centre of the above panel using a dimensional.

Place some Rhinestone Jewels in the centre of the flower. I placed one larger one in the centre then added the smallest ones all around this.

Ink up the sentiment from Charming Sentiments in Pecan Pie and stamp onto a scrap of Basic White, trim and layer onto a piece of Pecan Pie. Trim this to leave a nice even border.

Take the Sentiment and the floral panel and add to the card front using dimensionals.

I absolutely love how this card turned out - Yes, it's busy but I think it looks great! 

If you would like more details on how the challenge works or have a project to enter ( although this week's finishes today at 6pm UK time) head on over to my blog - Creative Colour Challenges

Here's a list of supplies I used in today's project, click on the images to head over to my online store Product List

 




If you are on Facebook, why not pop over and check out our community group Craft & Banter. If you have a passion for paper craft, are brilliant at baking or a super talented seamstress then we would love to see you there. We share all types of crafting, run challenges and giveaways & generally have a right good natter.

See you soon 

Vickie 

Xxx


1 comment:

Happy Little Things Clean & Simple Celebrate Card. Touches of Ink May 2024 Blog Hop

  Good Evening Everyone, Today i'm blog hopping with the fabulous Touches of Ink ladies. I've decided to showcase a super quick card...