Thursday 3 November 2022

Lovely You Charming Sentiments Birthday Card.

 Good Afternoon Everyone

Happy Thursday!

Today I'm sharing a card I did intend for the Creative Colour Challenges combo a couple of week's ago, but for some reason I had it in my head that I was to use Calypso Coral rather than Melon Mambo - Yes, I know - not sure how I managed that, but that will teach me to make sure I double check before I start creating.

So, although I couldn't use it for the challenge, i thought it would be a shame not to share it! 

I did find these colours a little tricky to work with at first, but they do work well and I eventually got my idea together.




Measurements

Cherry Cobbler Card Stock

1pc - 4 1/8" x 11 3/4", scored at 5 7/8"

Basic White Card Stock

1pc - 5 /8" x 3 7/8"

1pc - 5" x 3 1/4"

1pc - scrap

Granny Apple Green Card Stock

1pc - 5 1/4" x 3 1/2"

Calypso Coral Card Stock

2pc - 1/4" wide

2pc - 1/2" wide

---------------------------------------------

Take the Cherry Cobbler Card stock and fold along the score line to create your card base, adding the larger piece of basic white to the inside.

On the remaining Piece of Basic White create a triangle shape in the centre. You can use a pencil and a ruler, or just do it by eye. Mask off either side. Then using the small stamps from Lovely You and Calypso Coral, Granny Apple Green & Cherry Cobbler ink, fill in the Triangle with the images.

Remove the Masking Paper or Post It Notes and add the 1/4" wide strips of Calypso Coral card down each side of the stamped areas. This covers up an mis-stamping, neatens up your lines and acts as a frame for your work! Trim any over hanging edges.

Layer this to the Granny Apple Green card stock on the 'wonk', off setting it, but keeping the stamped triangle quite vertical.

Take the remaining strips of Calypso Coral card and add behind the Granny Apple Green trying to replicate to offset patterns.

Add this full panel to the card front.

On a scrap of Basic White stamp the sentiment in Granny Apple Green and trim, angling the edges. Hold this piece vertically and tap down gently onto your Cherry Cobbler. This adds ink to the side of the card and adds a small line of ink around the front. This adds a nice border.

Add this to the card front with dimensionals.

Here's a list of supplies I used in today's project, click on the images to head over to my online store Product List





If you are on Facebook, why not pop over and check out our community group Craft & Banter. If you have a passion for paper craft, are brilliant at baking or a super talented seamstress then we would love to see you there. We share all types of crafting, run challenges and giveaways & generally have a right good natter.

See you soon 

Vickie 

Xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Project Share Project - 25th April 2024

  Good Morning Everyone, Happy Thursday and welcome to The Project Share Project.  Every Thursday we will all share an individual blog post ...