Friday, 2 October 2026

Artisan Sketched Gardens Happy Birthday Card - Monochromatic Insta Hop - Petal Pink 2026

 Good Afternoon Everyone,

Today I'm taking part in the weekly Monochromatic Insta Hop. This week we are using Petal Pink - a really soft and delicate shade - I Love it, but honestly, I don't reach for it anywhere near enough.

I decide to use the Artisan Sketched Garden DSP for my card, adding the colour with card stock and colouring of DSP. I love the black and Petal Pink combo - it's very striking!

what do you think?







Measurements

Petal Pink Card Stock

1pc - 4 1/8" x 11 3/4", scored at 5 7/8"

1pc - scrap

Basic White Card Stock

1pc - 3 7/8" x 5 5/8"

Vellum

1pc - scrap

Artisan Sketched Gardens DSP

1pc - 3 7/8" x 5 5/8"

1pc - 1 3/8" x 5 3/8"

fussy cut flower

-------------------------------------------

Take the Petal Pink card stock and fold along the score line to create your card base. I inked up my blender brush and added some colour around the edges - the add the Basic White piece to the inside.

Adhere the larger piece of DSP to the card front.

Cover the remaining strip of DSP with a good layer of Petal Pink Ink. I simply turned my ink pad over and gently and lightly glided it over the DSP to colour drench the stripes. Once dry, add this to the card front, off to the left, leaving a nice even border around the top, bottom and left edges.

Using your water painters, pick up a little of the petal pink ink - either from the ink pad or the reinker and very lightly add a little colour to the petals of the floral cut out.

Bring in you Stamp n Cut Machine and cut out the smooth oval from Framed Violets in some vellum.

On a scrap of Petal Pink stamp the sentiment from Scalloped Blooms in Memento Black ink and fussy cut.

Now, create a focal cluster on your card front. I laid down the vellum first, then added the flower and sentiment over the top with dimensionals.

tip: do a dry placement first so you have an idea where they will go - then add some adhesive to the vellum where you know if will be covered - as adhesive shows through the vellum, this is a neat trick to hide it!

Honestly, this is a super simple design and layout and although it works brilliantly with Petal Pink - I'm certain that it would look fabulous in many many other colour combinations.

If you have a few moments - please pop over to My Instagram Page - here you will be able to go through the hop and get so much inspirations from these incredibly talented ladies.

Here's a list of supplies I used in today's project, click on the images to head over to my online store Product List

  













If you are on Facebook, why not pop over and check out our community group Craft & Banter. If you have a passion for paper craft, are brilliant at baking or a super talented seamstress then we would love to see you there. We share all types of crafting, run challenges and giveaways & generally have a right good natter.

See you soon 

Vickie 

Xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Inked Floret Scalloped Blooms Thank You Card. We Fall in Colours Blog Hop. October 2026

  Good Afternoon Everyone, Today I'm taking part in the We Fall in Colours monthly Blog Hop. Each month we are given three colours to cr...