Thursday 5 September 2024

Thoughtful Expressions You're in my Thoughts Monotone Card. Monochromatic Insta Hop - Smoky Slate

 Good Afternoon Everyone,

I'm sharing a card I made for the Monochromatic Insta Hop a few weeks ago. I know I'm a little late, I'm a little behind on my blogging right now, but hopefully I'll be back on top of it all soon - I'm creating quicker and joining in challenges faster than I can write then all up at the minute.

Our colour for this hop was Smoky Slate, which is a lovely pale grey and I thought I'd make a simple card but using the Thoughtful Expressions stamp set really makes it special. The detail in these images is incredible and works so well in a grey line.







Measurements

Smoky Slate Card Stock

1pc - 4 1/8" x 11 3/4"

1pc - 5 5/8" x 3 7/8"

Basic White Card Stock

1pc - 5 5/8" x 3 7/8"

1pc - 4 1/2" x 3 7/8"

-------------------------------------------

Take the Smoky Slate card stock and fold along the score line to create your card base. Add the larger Basic White panel to the inside.

Ink up the large floral image in Smoky Slate and then stamp all over the remaining piece of Smoky Slate card stock.

Stamp the Hummingbird image on the remaining piece of basic white with Smoky Slate ink - off to the right hand side, so the wings are about 1/2" from the top. Add the sentiment towards to top left, then fill in the space around the hummingbird with the large floral cluster - all with smoky slate.

Add this panel to the centre of the stamped Smoky Slate card stock. It should fit exactly at either side, but you will have a wide smoky slate border top and bottom.

Glue this to the front of the card - Super simple, Minimal Supplies but a great effect. I love it in smoky slate, but i think this would also look great in lots of different colours

If you get a chance - pop over to Instagram and check out what all the other participants created - you won't be short of inspiration, I'm sure! Vickie Lou Designs - Instagram Page

Here's a list of supplies I used in today's project, click on the images to head over to my online store Product List

 










If you are on Facebook, why not pop over and check out our community group Craft & Banter. If you have a passion for paper craft, are brilliant at baking or a super talented seamstress then we would love to see you there. We share all types of crafting, run challenges and giveaways & generally have a right good natter.

See you soon 

Vickie 

Xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Colour Challenges - #158

   Good AfternoonEveryone, Happy Monday! I know this is a little late, I had a tricky time getting two little kiddies down to bed last night...