Monday 2 September 2024

Heartfelt Hexagon Sketched Butterflies Thank You Card. CAS Colours & Sketches #543

 Good Afternoon Everyone,

Today I'm taking part in CAS Colours & Sketches #543. The current challenge is a sketch layout and it's so simple, with so much scope. 

I looked through my stash and I didn't have any circle punches or dies that would fit the exact sketch. But that's the beauty of being given a sketch you can use it as is exactly as it's laid out or you can have it guide an idea. So I have used my Heartfelt Hexagon Punch and off set the DSP shapes. Adding a sketched butterfly to each for a little more interest. What do you think?






Measurements

Thick Basic White Card Stock

1pc - 4 1/8" x 11 3/4", scored at 5 7/8"

Bright & Beautiful DSP

scraps

-------------------------------------------------

Take the Thick Basic White card stock and fold along the score line to create your card base.

Stamp the sentiment from Sketched Butterflies in Memento ink into the bottom right hand corner.

Cut out three Hexagon shapes from the Bright & Bold DSP. I chose to take one full piece of DSP and cut these out in a line, so that the pattern follows as it would on a sheet, but you can have different patterns per hexagon if you would like. 

Stamp a Butterfly in memento ink on each of the hexagon altering the position slightly so they will be facing different ways.

Add these to the left side of the card front with dimensionals, making sure to keep even spacing. I found it easier to place the top and bottom hexagons first, then add the centre piece.

I hope you have enjoyed my card today - I really loved creating for this challenge. Be sure to pop on over and see what the challenges are all about, and maybe have a go at entering one - https://cascoloursandsketches.blogspot.com/

Here's a list of supplies I used in today's project, click on the images to head over to my online store Product List

  










If you are on Facebook, why not pop over and check out our community group Craft & Banter. If you have a passion for paper craft, are brilliant at baking or a super talented seamstress then we would love to see you there. We share all types of crafting, run challenges and giveaways & generally have a right good natter.

See you soon 

Vickie 

Xxx


1 comment:

  1. This is so pretty, Vickie and I love how you interpreted our sketch! Thanks for sharing with us at CC&S!

    ReplyDelete

Creative Colour Challenges - #158

   Good AfternoonEveryone, Happy Monday! I know this is a little late, I had a tricky time getting two little kiddies down to bed last night...