Wednesday 6 December 2017

Cute Cookie Cutter Christmas Candle Decorations - Stampin Up


We are getting into the Christmas spirit in our household this week. The house has been cleaned thoroughly and the Christmas decorations have made their way out of storage all ready to put up this weekend. I love Christmas and cannot wait to start feeling 'Christmassy'. 

So today I thought I would make a slightly different project than normal to display when I get out the tree. These are adorable and cute and are super quick and easy - Win Win!




How did I do it? Here's how:-

I purchased a pack of four 2" tall cream candles very inexpensively from a shop locally. I am pretty sure you will be able to pick these up anywhere!

Taking some DSP, I used Be Merry Designer Series Paper, cut a 1 1/2" x 6" and carefully wrap around the candle and secure with fast fuse. Make sure that it is tight enough to stay around the candle, but loose enough to 'wiggle off' when ready to light.

Next take black archival ink and the cookie cutter Christmas stamp set and stamp out a Reindeer a Santa and an Eskimo onto whisper white cardstock. Using the soft suede ink pad, stamp out a gingerbread man. The cookie cutter builder punch will cut out these shapes perfectly.

Taking any colouring tools, I used the Stampin Write markers and Watercolour pencils, colour in the images you have just stamped. Taking dimensionals adhere these to the front of your candle.

I added a couple of basic rhinestones to the gingerbread mans body, which I had coloured with a red sharpie as I thought he looked a little plain on his own.

I hope you enjoyed this project, and will try it yourself! Here are all of all the products used




Product List

I hope to see you again soon. Please do not forget to sign up & follow my blog, that way you will be notified of all new posts!!


Thanks for stopping by!


Vickie xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Project Share Project - 25th April 2024

  Good Morning Everyone, Happy Thursday and welcome to The Project Share Project.  Every Thursday we will all share an individual blog post ...