Wednesday 15 May 2024

Heartfelt Hexagon Sending Love Card using the Scrappy Strip Technique. Creative Colour Challenges #141

 Good Evening Everyone,

Today I'm sharing my card that I made for this week's Creative Colour Challenges combo, which is Smoky Slate, Petal Pink and Lemon Lime Twist. I love this combination, but did find it tricky at first to come up with a concept.

I looked at the Heartfelt Hexagon bundle, and decided to cluster up the small images and create my own patterned card strips, which I then used to create this fun background with the 'Scrappy Strip' Technique. A technique created by Bruno Bertucci . Its simple, easy and most of all super effective! 

What do you think?




Measurements

Thick Basic White Card Stock

1pc - 5 7/8" x 8 1/4", scored at 4 1/8"

Basic White Card Stock

1pc - 3 7/8" x 5 5/8"

1pc - scrap

Smoky Slate Card Stock

1 large piece of scrap

Petal Pink Card Stock

1 large piece of scrap

Lemon Lime Twist Card Stock

1 large piece of scrap

-------------------------------------------

Take the small images from Heartfelt Hexagon stamp set and arrange them closely on a block. Then ink it up cover the scrap pieces of card stock - using the same ink as the card. Twist and turn the stamp so that your get a random pattern.




Take these pieces of card and cut into strips varying in width.

Then lay each strip in your trimmer and cut diagonally, but not to a point. You want to get a slated edge but not to a skinny point.




Once you have all your strips cut. Adhere them to the 3 7/8" x 5 5/8" piece of Basic White card stock. I lined up the straight edge of a Lemon Lime Twist Strip to the edge of the basic white to start, laying the thick part towards the bottom and it narrowing towards the top. Then I added a thin strip of the Smoky Slate the same way, leaving a thin gap between the strips. The next strip was flipped so the the thicker section started at the top - again leaving a thin gap between the strips and then I continued this all the way to the edge.



Once dry (I used liquid glue to give me some time to get my gaps even) trim off any overhanging strips to make everything flush with the card stock below.

Add this to a card base you create by folding the Thick Basic White along the score line.

On a scrap of basic White stamp the outline border image with memento and colour it in with Smoky Slate Stampin Blends. 

Ink up the sentiment and stamp it in the centre of this border. If you look closely at the stamp you came very carefully in up part of it - that's what allowed me to get two colours on it. I carefully tapped the top half of the sentiment in Petal Pink ink, making sure to not get ink on the bottom half (you could mask it off if your would prefer, then removing the masking tape before stamping) Clean the stamp off really well and then repeat this for the bottom half and use Lemon Lime Twist

Using Dimensionals add the sentiment to the lower right of the card front.

I hope you have enjoyed my card today - I had lots of fun creating it. If you would like more information on how the Challenge works, or would like to enter a project - head on over to my blog - Creative Colour Challenges

Here's a list of supplies I used in today's project, click on the images to head over to my online store Product List

 









If you are on Facebook, why not pop over and check out our community group Craft & Banter. If you have a passion for paper craft, are brilliant at baking or a super talented seamstress then we would love to see you there. We share all types of crafting, run challenges and giveaways & generally have a right good natter.

See you soon 

Vickie 

Xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Colour Challenges - #146

  Good Evening Everyone, As you may or may not know - I run the Creative Colour Challenges blog. Each week three Stampin Up Colours are rand...