Thursday 18 May 2023

Country Bouquet Love we are Friends Card. Creative Colour Challenges #CCC89

 Good Morning Everyone

Firstly, before I get into my project today I want to apologise for my absence. It's been exactly one month since I blogged. I'll be totally honest with you life has just got hectic - I have two daughters 4 & 2 years old, along with Dave (who can be like having a third child sometimes haha) and we have nursery, activities, play dates, on top of the usual household stuff means I've not really had any time to concentrate on my crafting and when I had found a small pocket of time - my mojo just wasn't there!

But I've managed to get my mojo going again, and finding myself productive small pockets means I'm back on it!

So, my first card back is a card for this week's Creative Colour Challenges. I love this combination - it was so much fun to play around with.






Measurements

Melon Mambo Card Stock

1pc - 4 1/8" x 11 3/4",scored at 5 7/8"

Mossy Meadow Card Stock

1pc - 3 3/4" x 5 1/2"

Balmy Blue Card Stock

1pc - 3" x 5 1/2"

Basic White Card Stock

1pc - 5 5/8" x 3 7/8"

scraps

-----------------------------------------

Take the Melon Mambo card stock and fold along the score line to create your card base. Add the Basic White panel to the inside.

Ink up the leaf images in Mossy Meadow and stamp down either side of the Mossy Meadow card stock (to centre will be covered so you don't need to stamp that, just make sure you cover enough either side to show under to Balmy Blue).

Next, ink up the larger flower image, the one that creates the heart in Balmy Blue and cover this piece too. Also add some of the leaf images and the smaller flower just to create an interest in the background.

Layer these two pieces together, making sure the Balmy blue has even borders of Mossy meadow to each side - the top and bottom will be flush.

Add this to the centre of the card front.

Trim down some scraps to 3" wide and then stamp the sentiments in Mossy Meadow ink into the centre the trim down so you have a nice even border top and bottom.

On another scrap stamp the heart image. This image is made u from two stamps that when placed directly over each other fill in a full heart shape. I stamped the flowers in Melon Mambo and the leaves in Mossy Meadow, then fussy cut.

Lay these three pieces out onto your Balmy Blue panel and get even spacing - once happy add dimensionals to the heart and liquid glue to the sentiments.

Finally, add some of the Pastel adhesive backed sequins for a little sparkle.

I hope you have enjoyed my card today - If you would like more information on how the challenges works or have a project you would like to enter - head on over to my blog - Creative Colour Challenges

Here's a list of supplies I used in today's project, click on the images to head over to my online store Product List






If you are on Facebook, why not pop over and check out our community group Craft & Banter. If you have a passion for paper craft, are brilliant at baking or a super talented seamstress then we would love to see you there. We share all types of crafting, run challenges and giveaways & generally have a right good natter.

See you soon 

Vickie 

Xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Colour Challenges - #138

   Good Evening Everyone, As you may or may not know - I run the Creative Colour Challenges blog. Each week three Stampin Up Colours are ran...